cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv adverts super annoying!

Is there any way to get rid of those really annoying pre program adverts they are driving me mad. I have sky but chose to watch some programs on Nowtv instead as I cannot stand the normal tv adverts but this is becoming jus as irritating, why oh why did they put them in?

I am paying for the service you have already persuaded me, so stop advertising it!

this post ended up in the wrong section can it be moved to more relevant place?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly you're stuck with them. Some people back out of the ads and go back in to the programme which can sometimes lead to the ad disappearing. I wouldn't mind if the ads were for something I'd be interested in but they never are Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did a test yesterday and you have to watch 4 adverts before it will leave you in peace even if you keep backing out and in again.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

That’s good to know, as I too find the adverts very annoying. The main reason I left Sky cause they plug adverts in their catch up, it is to be fair much worse than Now Tv and it’s always during the shows themselves too.

If Now Tv follow Sky in their footsteps for the adverts then I’ll be cancelling my passes. 

Most of the adverts I have zero interest in, in fact I find the adverts for the Premiership the worst as I can’t stand that league. If they wanted to keep some form of adverts I’d much rather have adverts on shows I watch. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree that the ads are very annoying, and are not appropriate in a paid subscription service.

Any idea if they're specific to certain platforms? I just saw one on iPhone. I vaguely recall that on Roku they can be skipped, but I could be mistaken.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I thought momentarily that NOW TV may have listened to feedback from the customers.

Clearly I was wrong. 

The now TV LG  app developed a fault, for a short time after they fixed the fault, they stoped showing adverts for utter drivel and for programs I will never have any interest in. 

unfortunately I  was wrong, it was clearly only mild reprieve whilst they fixed the app properly.

Now back to watching lots of adverts for complete rubbish.

I very politely wrote to NOW TV asking them for at least to give us a button to skip or forwards to them, but they weren’t in the slightest bit interested.

I started a formal complaint and they rejected it. 

i’m perfectly capable of selecting programs I want to watch!

NOW TV try listening to your customers they pay your wages, you’ve absolutely no Interest in customers, get your house in order.

Or I will be going to Netflix, but I guess you couldn’t care less what your customers think!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Y the ###### am I paying to what ads you have to what before and now you have put more ads on in the show like wtf am I paying for you all need to fix this ######

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

So Amazon has promos for its content before you watch something. Paramount+ has promos at the start of its content. 
Whilst I agree that it’s massively annoying, it’s the way some streaming services are going. 

The only difference between Amazon and NOW is that you have the option to skip the promo.

Your both best to complain about this directly with NOW, as this is a customer forum you’ll be unheard I’m afraid.

As you mentioned @Anonymous User  you can do it via social media, you can also do it via email to the source. Address is on the below picture.

6D19B0C6-2ED9-4BBC-B911-0D7582EB676F.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

If you read my post on this thread of 29-11-2020 14:04 you will see the process I followed which consisted of in total:-

6 calls to Sky / NOW TV customer services met with total disinterest. 
a number of on line chats that were no help. 
a formal complaint that was basically ignored. 
A complaint to the regulator who said regretfully they couldn’t force NOW TV to listen to customers complaints in this matter as it was outside their jurisdiction.   

As you pointed out these other services allow the customer to fast forwards or skip these adverts. 

I asked NOW TV to give us, their customers the same capabilities, they totally  Ignored that feedback.

So this exactly the forum for this.

Customers need to take a stand on every available social media platform and publicise NOW TVs non existent customer service and if they still refuse to listen to their customers we all need to vote with our feet and take as many fellow customers with us. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Trust me I get it, no need to state posts from a year ago. 

For years I have complained to NOW for the lack of simple features like skip intro, skip recap, profiles, all of which are funnily enough still missing.

Also I have complained to Sky more times than I can care to say about the lack of regard for getting content the same time as the US, all they care about is HBO shows nothing more. 

What you have to bare in mind is until recently sports content was never on demand, which was a royal slap in the face for sports customers on NOW. 

My hope is under Comcast ruling instead of the old ownership before the sale to Comcast that the service and content will improve over time. 

That being said I don't really hold much hope for that happening.