cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now router capped at 8Mbps download

Since yesterday my wireless speed from my Now router has been capped at just under 8Mbps. The line details on the router setup page shows that the sync speed is just over 25Mbps.

I have reset the router, tried all wireless channels, turned off all devices using the router to try just one device, and on another occasion same time turned Wifi off altogether to connect with an ethernet cable and the same keeps happening. Speedtest reports a constant download speed of 7.82Mbps every time.

I have called Now Broadband who seem keen to recite the 'wireless speeds are not guaranteed as per your Ts & Cs' (which I know) and don't seem to be able to grasp what's already been tried, and have basically washed their hands of the whole thing, saying that they won't supply another router as they can't see anything's wrong with this one

Is this likely to be down to a faulty router? I know sending an engineer won't help with this due to the sync speed, but the fact the same wifi and ethernet download speed is present every time for the past 48 hours can't be a coincidence.

Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0