cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanfromDY8
Advocate

Now broadband inc. TV?

Morning folks, I’m about to go live on 5/6 with Broadband, my question is, does the router connect in some way to a smart TV? Does NOW provide at least some TV channels as part of their broadband service or in the very least does the router itself act as an aerial boost for the TV standard reception - sadly I have to use a powered amplifier at the moment to get any TV channels and I was hoping the router would provide a better TV signal…………

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @IanfromDY8 

The NOW Hub 2 supplied with the NOW Broadband service is just a Router for access to the internet.

It is not a TV streaming box or has a TV aerial.

If your TV is a Smart TV then you can connect it to the Hub 2 Router by either Ethernet or Wi Fi (depending on the type of connection on your Smart TV)

NOW offer a TV service by streaming over the internet, but this is a monthly subscription service where you can cancel Anytime and there are a number of different TV Membership subscriptions you can buy (either Entertainment, Cinema, Sports, Hayu).

Note :- The NOW streaming subscription service on any of their add on TV Memberships doesn't include any terrestrial Freeview channels on their service, where you need to get these either over the air from a TV aerial and your TV tuner or external TV tuner box or use the terrestrial Apps such has BBC iPlayer, ITVX, All 4, My 5 etc over the internet from any suitable devices you own such has a Smart for example.

There is a bit more information in this linked article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now 

If your TV aerial reception is poor and the aerial amplifier doesn't help much then you could watch a certain amount of channels over the internet from Apps such has BBC iPlayer, ITVX, All 4 etc assuming your Smart TV has these Apps on board.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @IanfromDY8 

The NOW Hub 2 supplied with the NOW Broadband service is just a Router for access to the internet.

It is not a TV streaming box or has a TV aerial.

If your TV is a Smart TV then you can connect it to the Hub 2 Router by either Ethernet or Wi Fi (depending on the type of connection on your Smart TV)

NOW offer a TV service by streaming over the internet, but this is a monthly subscription service where you can cancel Anytime and there are a number of different TV Membership subscriptions you can buy (either Entertainment, Cinema, Sports, Hayu).

Note :- The NOW streaming subscription service on any of their add on TV Memberships doesn't include any terrestrial Freeview channels on their service, where you need to get these either over the air from a TV aerial and your TV tuner or external TV tuner box or use the terrestrial Apps such has BBC iPlayer, ITVX, All 4, My 5 etc over the internet from any suitable devices you own such has a Smart for example.

There is a bit more information in this linked article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now 

If your TV aerial reception is poor and the aerial amplifier doesn't help much then you could watch a certain amount of channels over the internet from Apps such has BBC iPlayer, ITVX, All 4 etc assuming your Smart TV has these Apps on board.