cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pod
Mentor

Now broadband Hub two

Anybody know how to reset a hub two that will not factory reset?

The problem started when I changed the password on it, when I rebooted the pile of junk there was no web panel to login anymore (hadn't done anything with the ip address), it also stopped giving out DHCP addresses, I rebooted again...same.

I did a factory reset and went through the process again, changing the password seemed to mess up the lan port as it was displaying it had connected to the internet (led on front panel), Did ANOTHER factory reset to get the web panel working again, this time I gave it a fixed IP and changed the password.....web panel disappeared ... AGAIN! had the same thing happen over and over and now it wont factory reset and I cant log in to it, it's the biggest pile of junk I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with

Just discovered I can log in to the web panel if I connect to my phone via the wireless, this kind of confirms that for some reason the pile of junk is disabling the LAN port whenever I try and change even the basic settings. 😞

10 REPLIES 10
Jayach
Elite 3

If was working fine until you tried changing the password (which password was that, Wi-Fi or router), I doubt there is a fault on the router.

@pod wrote:

this time I gave it a fixed IP and changed the password..... 

Gave what a fixed IP? You can't change the WAN IP.

pod
Mentor

Ok, I'll clarify, I changed the admin password, not the wifi password, the admin one, this then stopped the web panel on the ethernet port from working, it didn't stop it working via the wifi, I could not log in to the router via LAN as there was no panel to log in too, I connected to the wifi and boom theres the login panel, so I factory reset the router and suddenly the panel is back, so I changed the lan IP and same issue, same fix, log in via wireless and factory reset, and there's the login panel back on the wifi.

I didn't mention the wan port, where in my post is WAN even mentioned

redchiz1
Champion 2

Why would you want to change the LAN IP? And if you do you need to be mindful of the remaining IP pool settings, perhaps you have already assigned a fixed IP to your ethernet device which is out of range, or clashes?

Jayach
Elite 3

@redchiz1 wrote:

perhaps you have already assigned a fixed IP to your ethernet device

That would definitely result in the what the OP says is happening.

Jayach
Elite 3

@pod wrote:

I didn't mention the wan port, where in my post is WAN even mentioned

It wasn't, but then it didn't say you were trying to change the LAN address either.

So you are trying to change the LAN address of the Now router?

It is normally 192.168.0.1, what do you want to change it to?

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

@pod were you trying to change the router over wireless? This is rather like sawing off the branch you were sitting on 😢

There is better luck to be had if you fix it over an Ethernet cabled device.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
pod
Mentor

My guess is you didn't understand the original statement, changing ANY of the details on the router via the ethernet is disabling the web server on the LAN (ethernet) this means there is no panel to log in too once you have changed any settings, the only way at this point I can do anything is is to connect via wifi where the web panel IS working.

There is obviously something wrong with the router thats stopping the web panel access via ethernet every time I make a change, when I log back in via wifi and do a factory reset the panel is there.

It's not a matter of luck, it's a matter of poor quality cheap badly coded hardware

Jayach
Elite 3

@pod wrote:

It's not a matter of luck, it's a matter of poor quality cheap badly coded hardware

As the coding (firmware) in your router will be the same as all the others, it's highly unlikely to be a coding problem.

Whilst your router could be faulty, I can't imagine just what could be causing the problems you report.

RoyB
Legend

@pod 

Quite right - I don’t know what a ‘web panel’ is. I was assuming it was the browser window you get when you input the IP address of the router and search for it.

But now I think it might be the control panel for some web server that you have connected to your router; in which case, if internal, we are in the realm of port forwarding, and that is probably where the issue lies. But if external, you might want to talk to your web hosting service about what’s going on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_hosting_control_panel

Or maybe you are using the expression ‘web panel’ in a third, possibly completely non-standard way, in which case, your explanation and description of it would be welcomed.

In general here, we try to accommodate the way that people describe things, but sometimes this fails when non-standard terminology is used, or standard terminology is used, but the poster means something different 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.