cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv Fibre - Freesat On Demand

So recently had Fibre activated and have connected my Freesat box but now unable to receive on demand from Freesat. The box is connected but not loading. Service was fine with previous supplier. Have tried a wireless and wired connection and both are the same. 

Any ideas??

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

A bit of a long shot, but what happens if you switch off the nowtv broadband buddy feature by going to My Account on here and select Settings & Pins to see if it's blocking the Apps on your Freesat box.

Also when you go into the NowTV Hub router settings does it see your Freesat box on the network ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry I’ve already tried disabling the broadband buddy which didn’t work. 

The box is appearing on the router settings. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Hopefully other users on here who maybe use the  Apps on their Freesat box and are on either NowTV or Sky Broadband / Fibre can offer you some further assistance to see if there is any advanced settings need to be done on the Hub Router for your on demand Apps to work on your box.

Other than that apart from factory resetting the Freesat box (where you would lose any saved content) and factory resetting the NowTV Hub which I suppose would be your last resort.

Then maybe contact both the nowtv broadband team and the Freesat box manufacturer to see if they can figure out why your on demand Apps are not working on your Freesat box.

Sorry my posts wasn't much help, if you find the main cause why your Apps won't work, I for one would be interested to know how you managed to resolve it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Just joined from Virgin Broadband yesterday - circa £45 too much for just 2 grownups in the house.

Decided to switch to NowTV Broadband - fibre not available in my location from any suppliers.

I use a Humax Freesat box HDR-1100S 500GB device and all my on demand, was working fine with Virgin

Now Freesat box just hangs saying waiting will load in less than a minute - nothing.

PS

I am connected direct by cable to the Freesat and NowTV broadband hub.

Good thing i haven't turned off Virgin, because as part of my testing connected things back to how they were and all burst into life in less than 1 minute.

It points to a NowTV hub issue.

Hope someone knows what the cause is.

I typed this big blog because i am trying the buddy feature disable - which apparently takes 15 minutes

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Hopefully other users on here who maybe use the  Apps on their Freesat box and are on either NowTV or Sky Broadband / Fibre can offer you some further assistance to see if there is any advanced settings need to be done on the Hub Router for your on demand Apps to work on your box.

Other than that apart from factory resetting the Freesat box (where you would lose any saved content) and factory resetting the NowTV Hub which I suppose would be your last resort.

Then maybe contact both the nowtv broadband team and the Freesat box manufacturer to see if they can figure out why your on demand Apps are not working on your Freesat box.

Sorry my posts wasn't much help, if you find the main cause why your Apps won't work, I for one would be interested to know how you managed to resolve it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

looks like cancellation of a 2 day old service is on the cards.....

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

Just joined from Virgin Broadband yesterday - circa £45 too much for just 2 grownups in the house.

Decided to switch to NowTV Broadband - fibre not available in my location from any suppliers.

I use a Humax Freesat box HDR-1100S 500GB device and all my on demand, was working fine with Virgin

Now Freesat box just hangs saying waiting will load in less than a minute - nothing.

PS

I am connected direct by cable to the Freesat and NowTV broadband hub.

Good thing i haven't turned off Virgin, because as part of my testing connected things back to how they were and all burst into life in less than 1 minute.

It points to a NowTV hub issue.

Hope someone knows what the cause is.

I typed this big blog because i am trying the buddy feature disable - which apparently takes 15 minutes

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did more troubleshooting with this yesterday and contacted Humax support as well. They told me to reset (factory) the humax box and go through the whole setup process again. This did not seem to work yesterday - same error when trying ondemand - (old recording are not lost during reset)

Had to leave it - cancer hospital appointment

Today i have moved my hive smart central heating device into the ethernet ports, and this was visible to allow central heating controls to work.

It was therefore looking more and more like a humax hardware issue.

Wife said what was the error that was showing up on the box.

Powered up Humax after connecting ethernet cable

Low and behold - its working!!

We even had a broadband dropout prior to me writing this.

I have just checked the Humax again - still working. setup is as per pictures

So my setup20181117_112923.jpg20181117_112651.jpg20181117_112659.jpg20181116_185113.jpg20181117_112608.jpg20181117_112804.jpg20181117_112623.jpg20181117_112522.jpg20181117_112543.jpg20181117_112709.jpg20181117_112719.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting the exact same problem; after switching to the NowTV router from EE. The Humax Freesat on demand services won’t load. It’s a Ethernet connection and the MAC & IP show up on the router. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I switched from SSE to NowTV yesterday, I have the same issue.  Have reset the Freesat box, confirmed the connection, used other devices on the same connection - still no joy.  does anyone know how to make the NowTV Router play ball?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Humax said 

Thank you for contacting Humax, although I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment. 

If you are having issues connecting your Humax Box to the Internet, please first take the following steps:

• Turn the Humax Box off with the remote or the button on the front of the box
• Turn the Humax Box off at the mains 
• Power down and then turn the Broadband Hub/Router off at the mains 
• Leave the Broadband Hub/Router off for 5 minutes
• Turn the  Broadband Hub/Router back on at the mains
• Wait another 5 minutes and turn the Humax Box on at the mains. Then with the remote or the button on the front of the box power it on. 

If after performing these steps and you still do not have access you will need to add your Humax Box in your router as an exception with full access in your security settings. 

You will need to ensure that the following ports are opened on your router for the Humax Box. 

HTTP: 80
HTTP: 8080
SSL: 443

If you are not seeing the router and cannot connect then the issue can be caused by the default WiFi encryption protocol on the router. Make sure that the Hub is set to "WPA" auto or "WPA-PSK"(Tkip). If the box is unable to connect then you would need to try the router on WEP temporarily to rule out any WiFi security issues. 

You may need to have your ISP walk you through through the process of changing either the port information or the WiFi protocol. 

However, NowTV say nothing blocked.  Haven't yet been able to log directly into the router to confirm.