cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv Broadband did not go live

Had an activation date of 18/6/19. The open reach engineer came for installation and said that everything is fixed and my broadband should go live within 2-3 hrs. Its been almost a day and its still not working. Seems to be a common issue with most users. Called them today and was given a 48-72hr time period just for them to check and confirm what the problem is. Why cant Now Tv be more responsible and transparent with its users. This isnt exactly the start I was expecting from Now Tv considering the fact that I will be in a contract with them for 12 months.

Has anyone else faced similar problems? If yes then how were you able to fix it and how long did it take for them to rectify this?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the exact same problem. Same date engineer visit.

He said it would work by midnight. It worked for 5 mins then dropped out then its been doing that for a whole day. Works and stops working every 5-10 minutes.

Wasted all my mobile data because of waiting for this to be installed 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve had the exact same experience was supposed to go live on the 18th and it’s still not currently working. 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your best bet is to get a decree absolute. They did exactly the same with me...told them virgin will end in 5 days so rather than trying to set up an urgent engineers visit to sort out the problem, they just said wait 72hrs for their escalation team to get in touch...well guess what, rather than sorting anything out, they just sent me an email so say my order had been cancelled! This is how bad this company is run 😪

I really can't tell you whose fault it might be why its run so badly, but fault should lie with whoever's is at the top. I'd like to receive a call from them explaining their action to their customers.

I will not be buying anything from such a poorly run company, people just stay away until they fix the deep deep problems
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I got an email from NOW TV stating that users are entitled to a compensation of 5 pounds per day if there is a delay in the activation date. Do you have any idea about this?

Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hey! I'm sorry I cannot help with anything account related but I'm sure our broadband team are on the case. 

@Anonymous User  Please see our help guide for more info on auto comp https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation