cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV player not installing on Windows 10 and unable to stream on Now TV

Hello,

The Now TV player is not installing on Windows 10. Thus, unable to stream videos.

I believe a successful installation would mean a shortcut is displayed on the desktop but this does not occur

Please help

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Can you please describe in rather more detail what you are doing to get the player, and what happens when you try to get it?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm setting up as normal, downloading the player from the site.

It appears that the player installs  as it states installation completecbut there is no indication of this i.e. a shortcut on the desktop. When i go back onto Now TV to then attempt to stream something by clicking the watch now button, nothing happens. Split second messages are displayed on the bottom left of the browser stating 'connecting' or 'waiting for byskyb...' and then nothing happens.

I have tried clearing cookies in Chrome and Explorer. I have enabled pop-ups but still no joy. You cannot even download the Now TV app from the Microsoft Store to see if it works in the app.

Is the player compatible with the recent new Windows  10 update please?

Thanks

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I just checked the Microsoft Store on my Windows 10 laptop, by typing that into the search box bottom left on the screen, and pressing Return.

Typing in ‘now’ on the Store brings up the NOW TV app, ready to be downloaded.

Don’t type NowTV, without a space in  it, or you will get nowt.

This app, which is standalone, appears on my Taskbar, and has an icon with square corners.

It lives in C:\Users\{yourid}\AppData\Local\Packages\ under a NOWTV name

where {yourid} is whatever your id is on Windows.

You will probably need to elect to see system/hidden files to reveal it.

Best not mess with it there, though, but use the Apps interface to pin it to your taskbar, or whatever.

The Player, which runs off your browser, and whose icon has rounded corners, lives in

C:\Users\{yourid}\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player\NOW TV Player.exe

also a hidden location by default.

I have it as a shortcut on my Desktop; I can start it from there, and it starts my default browser on the NowTV website, to handle it, as if I had started the browser myself, and gone to the NowTV website manually.

If you don’t currently have it, start the browser, try to watch something, and you will get the choice of ‘Download it’ or ‘I already have it’. That latter is what you use once you’ve downloaded it previously, to play the programme you chose.

I like the App better, but apparently it’s the Player that’s getting all the attention, and indeed when I started it today, it did an update. And the App is no longer mentioned in the Help documentation, which is all about the browser/player combination,

I think NowTV should drop updates for the browser/player combination and focus on the App; but it’s the other way round, for some reason I don’t know.

But both certainly work at the moment, for me at least and so they should for you too, and you can choose whichever you prefer.

So try the above, see what works and what you prefer, or let us know exactly where you get stuck trying to load and use them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello,

Massive thanks to that very informative and knowledgeable response.

Fortunately, I eventually did manage to get it to work. A day after my
issue, I tried installing it again and this time it installed and can now
stream successfully. Not sure what went wrong. Maybe the installer wasn't
working right.

Nonetheless, all fine now.

Thanks to you both for replying to me, appreciate it very much