cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV losing internet connection

Have a now tv stick which is constantly losing internet connection I have set up a guest connection and everything else that is recommended can anyone help with this? 

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Recommended by whom? How does having a Guest account help?

What I would suggest, though, is downloading Wifi Analyzer on an Android smartphone or similar Android device (Apple-imposed restrictions mean that iOS apps can’t do what’s needed here) and checking the operation of your SSID on the various settings under the ‘eye’ icon, to see if your WiFi is strong enough, and on an optimum channel, in the vicinity of the Stick.

Then you can perhaps adjust the router settings to improve things.

If all this is Greek to you, show a techie friend this posting; and they will hopefully know how to utilise this advice.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

It’s been suggested to me that you may have a Virgin router and set up a Guest account after reading 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/error-code-014-now-tv-box

in the hope of fixing your problem.

Is this the case?

In which case, I bow to the NowTV Help (an ounce of practical experience is worth a pound of theory), though I still recommend the course of action I outlined above.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.