cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV in BT Planner

I have recently joined BT TV and have Now for the sports. Does anyone know if you are able to import the channels I access via the Now TV app into the TV guide, so all the channels are in one place?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

You will not get access to NOW channels in the BT EPG unless you subscribe via BT directly. A high price to pay for that convenience, in my humble opinion. You can of course access Sky Sports by using the NOW app on the BT box along with the many other devices which support it. 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Karenski
Scholar

i got my youview box from talktalktv and cant afford to wait for teething problems or whatever else is going on with them ; nowtv and i have a deal with their entertainment and cinema subs, both have a few months to run at almost half price. ive also tried following the qr code l it doesnt work anyway, or joining at nowtv.com/samsung but their offer is twice what im paying nowtv now. when youre agoraphobic like me and skint into the bargain, all tv deals are precious, so im furious tht this has happened. it took me forever to set this blinking youview box up just to take it apart again so i can go back to normal nowtv until my cheap deals with them run out.

thats the only advice i can give anyone who finds themselves in my situation.

now is NOT a good time! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Karenski 

If you are having trouble logging into any playback devices and already have an existing NOW account because you are seeing the QR scan code on first opening the NOW App.

Then close the QR scan code by clicking OK or enter on your remote.

You should hopefully then see the main NOW App home screen and if you do, scroll down to the bottom grid row and highlight and click on the My Account tile box.

Then the screen page should ask you to enter your NOW account login details and password.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can, on the YouView box they will lend you. 4K and WiFi now, though Now only in HD at best of course,

You will need to buy your Now memberships from BT if you want to record from them, though, and at full whack.

Prolly still cheaper than Sky Glass, though that would have 4K for some of the Sky programming that Now only show in HD.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, you can

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Apologies for the multiple posts. Now had erroneously decided I was spamming (why?) right from early yesterday, but not saying so, and these have been my several attempts to overcome this. All released at once now the spam filter has been re-educated. 😛

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

Haha no problem i understand I will evaluate prices when i move July/August going start looking for places to live in June next month.

Yeah I lose out on 4K Sky Sports but have 4K BT Sport i think as i don't think BT Sport is 4K on Sky Glass and not sure they have BT Box Office either. Think there is a chance that the discovery channels could return to BT TV with them doing a merger in terms of BT Sports or think that will only effect Eurosport?

redchiz1
Champion 2

That last question is an interesting one. The recently formed Warner Bros. Discovery is a sprawling behemoth which includes several operating strands. Whether the BT Sport/Eurosport partnership has a knock on effect in other areas of their respective businesses remains to be seen, but one might imagine that this relationship may open up others. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@redchiz1 

True enough it wouldn't be a great leap though to think there will be a combined Discovery+/BT Sport Pricing later this year though if that will go across to BT TV is another matter of course

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Wonder if they will ditch the BT sport app and move it directly into Discovery+?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I doubt that there is meant to be new BT TV Apple TV app being developed and BT are apparently testing multicasting Freeview channels as well like Sky and Virgin are now doing. Not sure how it will go but it would be a surprise if there is no overlap i would be worried if i was Sky they have 3 years to find something special and not sure they will. Peacock is not adding much at all.