cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV in BT Planner

I have recently joined BT TV and have Now for the sports. Does anyone know if you are able to import the channels I access via the Now TV app into the TV guide, so all the channels are in one place?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

You will not get access to NOW channels in the BT EPG unless you subscribe via BT directly. A high price to pay for that convenience, in my humble opinion. You can of course access Sky Sports by using the NOW app on the BT box along with the many other devices which support it. 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

if you have the NOW bolt on Sports package through BT TV you should be able to see all Sky Sports through the main BT Youview box EPG.

Should you be using another NOW supported playback device, you will have to use the NOW App now & next live guide.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You may also find the BT TV App on your smartphone / tablet to also see what's coming up in the week if you haven't got access to your BT TV Youview box.

One thing that is appealing to me with BT TV NOW Sports bolt on package using a BT Youview box with a hard drive is the recording of live Sky Sports which would come useful for me being a Super Rugby fan, where the majority of the games are on during the early hours of the morning.

Where i could watch back at 50fps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have the big sport by tv package so get the sky sports channels via now tv. 
I also have the entertainment bolt on and none of these channels are showing in the epg either. Wasn’t sure if there was something I needed to do to get them imported. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

You will not get access to NOW channels in the BT EPG unless you subscribe via BT directly. A high price to pay for that convenience, in my humble opinion. You can of course access Sky Sports by using the NOW app on the BT box along with the many other devices which support it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do subscribe to BT and get the sports channels through now tv with the big sport bundle. The sky sports channels aren't showing up when I scroll through the EPG, in fact none of the entertainment channels which I get via now tv are in the epg either. 
Didnt know if there was something I needed to do to import them or if it’s supposed to do it automatically. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I do subscribe to BT and get the sports channels through now tv with the big sport bundle. The sky sports channels aren't showing up when I scroll through the EPG, in fact none of the entertainment channels which I get via now tv are in the epg either. 
Didnt know if there was something I needed to do to import them or if it’s supposed to do it automatically. 

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't subscribe to BT TV, but the NOW Entertainment live channels should start around 341 and NOW Sky Sports starts around channel number 419.

I don't know why you can't see them via the main TV Guide EPG on your BT Youview box.

If you have BT TV Big Sports paid through BT, then you should be able to watch Sky Sports live on the main BT TV Guide.

If you pay NOW Entertainment through BT, then again you should be able to access the live channels through the main BT Youview box TV Guide.

Should you pay for the NOW Entertainment Membership through NOW, then you might see the Entertainment channels on the BT Youview box, but won't be able to watch through the main BT TV Guide and must use the NOW App with the NOW login details.

If you are watching on another playback device (other than the BT Youview box, then you will need to use the NOW App for either BT TV or NOW direct).

Should you have two accounts (ie one for BT Big Sports through BT TV and another for NOW Entertainment paid directly to NOW then you will have to login to the NOW App on the different accounts).

If there is nothing showing on your BT Youview box main EPG then get in touch with BT for further assistance and help.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are you sure you are looking at the EPG on your YouView box, and not at the EPG on your TV?

Because all the Now channels show up in the EPG of any YouView box connected to BT Broadband, whether you have BT TV or not.

(Unless you hide them in the EPG, that is - might you or somebody else have done this?)

As above, to actually watch any of the channels, you need to have BT TV, and the relevant Now channel subscribed to via BT TV, and not via Now direct, and watch them on a YouView box; but every BT Broadband subscriber sees them in the EPG of any YouView box, by default.

Here’s a screenshot taken from the iPadOS BT TV app, which BT have kindly made some screens of accessible to all; I have BT Broadband, and I get the same display on my YouView box, and I don’t have BT TV, let alone Now via BT TV:-

D23B17C4-496A-4C3F-A618-1FA5E89F556B.png

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

Interesting thanks for info i'm moving soon and i've been debating either going with BT TV with Now built in or waiting for Sky Glass. I think i can record on BT TV though 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can indeed record any of the Now channels for which you have a subscription to Now via BT TV, and this will be on the new 4K and WiFi BT Pro YouView box that BT will lend you as part of your BT TV subscription, for as long as you maintain this.

As with Sky Glass, this new YouView box has a few teething issues at the moment; but these are minor, and BT/YouView are dealing with them as they arise. Indeed, you may not even encounter them.

The price (literally) for being able to record Now is that you won’t get the discounts that Now offer as retention deals on their memberships. But I think it would still work out cheaper than Sky Glass, and all you would miss out on is the 4K in which Sky show some of the programming that is only HD on Now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.