cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Stick not loading

Hi guys

i purchased my now tv stick on 19 June 2019 and all was fine until a few days ago. The stick now doesn’t load and following a factory reset as per the troubleshooting guides it allows me to connect to my WiFi but then the screen goes black and nothing happens. Tried resetting to factory reset a number of times but joy... any ideas??

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What happens if you try the stick on a different HDMI port on your television where i am assuming you are using the stick with the supplied power adapter rather than a USB port on your TV for power ?

Also make sure that your television is not automatically switching to the wrong HDMI input source when the screen goes blank.

If still no joy, have you got another television to temporary test the stick on ?

Also on the stick body is the white light permanently on when powered up or is the white light blinking ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the swift reply!

I’ve tried multiple HDMI ports on the tv and it’s the same problem.

I’m powering via the USB on the tv and not using the plug adapter. 

The white light is constant when fired up so that appears ok.

I haven’t tried a different tv as yet so I’ll need to give that go.

Many comments so far based on these answers schnapps?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Might be worth trying the supplied power adapter with the stick, just to eliminate a power related issue with the USB port on your TV when using the stick.

When you said that you factory reset the stick, did you have a six digit code on your television screen and had to visit the nowtv website page to enter the six digit code on to re activate your stick again ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ll try the power adaptor.

I did the factory reset using the method of holding the power button for over 6 seconds and taking the batteries out of the control etc... as per the Now tv troubleshooting guide online.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sometimes you need to hold in the reset button a little longer than 6 seconds from my experience (even though the NowTV help guide says 6 secs).

What i would be inclined to try with your TV and stick powered switched on, hold the reset button in on the stick for about 20 seconds.

NowTV have rolled out a new software version in the last week or so which may or may not have corrupted your stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Super thanks dude, I’ll give that a go and see how I get on, will let you know how I get on tomorrow 👍🏻