cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV App not Launching on Roku Device

My now tv app was working fine on my Roku stick, until something on the app changed and the icon turned blue. Now if I click on the app it takes me back to the Roku homescreen and doesn't load. I have tried to uninstall the app and reinstall, as well as updating the system, and unplugging the roku stick. Can anyone help? 

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity are you using the older purple Roku Stick model 3500EU ?

Where NOW are aware of the problem with this particular device and investigating the issue.

I own this particular Roku device and since the NOW App rebrand the App keeps jumping back to the main Roku home screen.

Where my other two more powerful newer Roku Players (ie Roku Stick Plus & Roku Express) works fine with the new NOW App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

I am using the purple Roku  3500 and it hasn’t worked since the new rebrand release. I have raised a ticket with Now and it has gone to Tier 2 support. That was 2 days ago and have heard nothing since. We shouldn’t have to buy new sticks when the 3500 are still being supported by Roku. Now have done a poor job of testing the new app and so many people have complained. Let’s hope an update arrives quickly! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah thank you @Anonymous User , it's good to know it's not just me having the issue! So annoying they haven't fixed it, very tempted to buy the express but shouldn't have to! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Soo I’m in the same boat , roku stick( yeah the purple one) ... it’s not loading... how long are we supposed to wait.  

We are missing tons of stuff, I’m a sports fan and other cricket game has come and gone!

will we get it fixed soon?

do we buy a new stick ?

any word from now tv ?

Refund?

the lack of response from the powers that be is deafening 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was wondering the same thing as you @Anonymous User we really shouldn’t have to go out and buy new sticks when the old ones are still being supported by Roku themselves.  The tech waste issue alone isn’t great.  
It is very annoying and you are right about their silence being deafening. I contacted them yesterday to get an update, but nothing. There are a lot of people who need to know what the timescales are going to be.  I’m not sure how long we should give it, I don’t how long it takes to get software updates done and pushed out to users?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It,s now six days with no service. No updates and I even contacted the CEO but after 4 days I still have no reply.

Now that is well rude.

At least somebody has found out it,s the purple version, but that was not reported to users via official lines.

If this is a business standard then we don,t stand a chance.

As now is owned by sky then the sky CEO may be the next step.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been in touch with Now and have had a reply the issue is a system wide problem with Roku and Now have escalated it to them. I’m not sure if this will mean it will be fixed quicker or not? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I am using the older purple one, would I be best to buy the express to get round the issue?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unless you are desperate i would wait to see if NOW can find a resolution for the older purple Roku Stick.

One thing to take into consideration is that the Roku Express is a miniature streaming box and the Roku Remote needs line of sight with the Roku Express because it operates over IR.

Should you be looking at a Stick type device and don't mind the Amazon eco system, then maybe also consider an Amazon Fire Stick.