cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Hub 2 Wifi Dropping

Hi since moving to now broadband from bt ive noticed that the wifi connection keeps dropping for a split second causing devices to drop connection. never had this with the bt home hub..

ive tried different channels turning the 5ghz off and only using 2.4ghz and still happens after about 1hr.

dont think its a signal problem as devices right next to the hub drop connection..

ive tried the live chat help but got no where with them they tried getting an engineer out because they say im below the min guarentee speed im 10MB over so no problems there.

then it was they dont guarantee wifi speed but thats not the problem.

its the wifi dropping like i can be listening to radio through the tab on wifi it will just stop and then i have to reconnect. plus i lose connection on my mobile at the same time..

its all reconnects without about 1 second so dont know whats happening  

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone had this resolved?

My wifi will drop multiple times in a day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No, unfortunately not.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tested the box using a tool I have and can clearly see data stalls on WiFi 

This is an issue of TCP/IP packets stalling at the lower layer and it seems that the box has not been Interoperability tested enough in the UK

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My internet access has also been dropping out on my mobile when I have been at home and listening to the radio. As a result, I have had to buy more internet bundles for my phone. This is frustrating that it is costing me additional money. I have really had these problems in November. How can I get rid of the problem?

Many thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed, same issue here on iPhone dropping every few mins

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have been with Shell broadband, then post office broadband, then went to Now TV

Since setting up the Now TV router, we have been experiencing intermittent connectivity issues through the wi fi

So, when playing a game on the kindle when submitting turn, it sits spinning and then says Internet connection issue

I have also now noticed this when doing something on my phone whilst connected to the wi fi from Now TV

So upon speaking with technical help, they reset the router but said if that doesn't fix the issue there is nothing they can do!

Clearly they are aware of the numerous issues with the router but give u the impression u r the only one calling about the issues if u phone them!  Clearly many problems all over!

Needless to say a factory reset did not resolve the issue which they knew it wouldn't

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try adjusting the channel to make 5Ghz available, as 5Ghz is far more reliable.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Connect your Hub Two to your laptop or computer using an Ethernet cable.
  2. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  3. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  4. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  5. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  6. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  7. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  8. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  9. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely no difference!

The issue was described by someone in the know who posted earlier on this issue,

It seems not enough testing was done on these routers and the issues is widespread!

I think Now TV need to make a wide solution to this issue!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I bought a 3rd party WIFI router and connected it to the NOWTV box and
switched off their WIFI. Works much better like that !!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You’ll need to contact the broadband support team and lodge a complaint about the Wi-fi. This is a customer forum so all we can do is provide advice and links.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help