cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Hub 2 Wifi Dropping

Hi since moving to now broadband from bt ive noticed that the wifi connection keeps dropping for a split second causing devices to drop connection. never had this with the bt home hub..

ive tried different channels turning the 5ghz off and only using 2.4ghz and still happens after about 1hr.

dont think its a signal problem as devices right next to the hub drop connection..

ive tried the live chat help but got no where with them they tried getting an engineer out because they say im below the min guarentee speed im 10MB over so no problems there.

then it was they dont guarantee wifi speed but thats not the problem.

its the wifi dropping like i can be listening to radio through the tab on wifi it will just stop and then i have to reconnect. plus i lose connection on my mobile at the same time..

its all reconnects without about 1 second so dont know whats happening  

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi
I have exactly the same problem.

I've done a bit of research and it seems that there is an issue with the hub that nowtv supply (not that they'll ever admit it!) - lots of people have perfectly fine WiFi with their previous provider then have issues such as this when they switch to nowtv.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for the reply. its good to know im not the only one driving me a bit nuts trying all different combo settings.

looks like im gonna have to try bridge the bt hub for wifi if thats possable

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi! I have exactly the same problem. I've even gone to the trouble of getting new wifi routers and wiring to the ethernet ports on the nowtv router. My problem seems to be the router itself; usually twice a day the internet just drops off taking all the devices with it! Must be a problem with the hib itself, a reboot normally fixes it! So annoying as I work from home!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting the same on my phone I now wish I did go to NOW TV. I am using more of mobile data . Has anyone coming up with a solution.  I never had a drop out At all from my old provider 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if going into the NowTV Hub 2 Router settings and disable IPV6 on Lan side improves the wifi drop outs on your phone.

You can access the NowTV Hub Router settings by typing in 192.168.0.1 into your internet browser URL.address bar.

Once the NowTV Hub 2 Router webpage settings appear on screen select the Advance tab, then when prompted use admin & nowtv then select the Lan IP setup, then untick the Enable IPV6 on Lan side, then click on the Apply button.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Going to try this. NowTv recommended a hard reset or a new hub, but this seems a more logical starting point given all the comments about the similar sky box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also getting WiFi drops every few hours which is so problematic for work video calls. Anyone found a fix ? I was just about to buy a little WiFi router to connect via a LAN port but it seems like this has been tried already ??

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

I am not a broadband customer with Now TV. All I can say is to call the broadband team, 0800 free from number on the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

It could be an issue with the router. This link may or not be useful.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed-by-changing-wi-fi-channel

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! I have lost connection at least 7 times in the last hour and kept waiting on a line that sounds like someone rubbing sandpaper in my eardrum! This has been going on for weeks. Fed up with all the lies I've been told by support about engineers not needing to come to my house but will fix the problem in the street. What a load of old flannel!

Reading what has been said on other forums the problem is the new hub 2. The equipment is failing. I was been sent a new hub last week and still the problem persists as well as rotten crackling on my phone line for over a week.