cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Broadband.

Joined and paid initial £5 for Now broadband on 25th May, not heard anything from them, my Sky contract ends tomorrow, they did say they would be in touch???

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would have thought you should have gone live by now and received the NOW Hub Router.

Under your online account in the My Account > Broadband & Calls > "Orders & Appointments" section plus "Messages" is there anything showing about your NOW Broadband ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Says thanks for your order, then underneath, "Kit delivery on hold", "phone on hold"?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Should be, "Phone and Broadband on hold".

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Give the NOW Broadband Team a call in the morning after 8am using the telephone number on the link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks. Willdo.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, Just eventually got through to Now, they asked who my present provider is with, (Sky), asked me how many lights were showing on my Sky hub, (4), then told me I was talking over the internet and they could not take my line on, so the order has been cancelled? We have had a phone line in the house for over 20 years with no issues by any other company.

Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

then told me I was talking over the internet and they could not take my line on, so the order has been cancelled? We have had a phone line in the house for over 20 years with no issues by any other company.

What they mean by that is that your telephone service is now VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) and they do not use that.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you sign up to Sky Fibre with FTTP and telephone over the internet?

Is there an old existing copper telephone wire line and BT telephone socket still in the home.

I am not familiar with FTTP and telephone over the internet because we don't have it where I live.

There is a couple of regular forum members on here more up to speed with FTTP, who might be able to offer you some further advice.

If your line can't be transferred across back to FTTC, then make sure you get back the £5 from NOW.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still got an Openreach socket for phone and hub. Sky engineer came out to do the install. Maybe go for a different provider. When I initially phoned Now a person from Sky answered and when I mentioned Now he immediately hung up.