cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Broadband Public Subnet or IP Address Range

Hi,

I am going to be getting Now Broadband in the next few days and am currently working from home as a web developer. I need to remotley connect to various servers, which for security reasons only accept connections from approved IP addresses.

Does anyone know what the full public subnet is? Or the full IP address range?

Also, on average how long does a user keep an IP address before it renews?

I used to be with Virgin Media, and had the same IP for over a year.

Regards,

Andy

5 REPLIES 5
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well Andy

You should really be asking Now TV directly about this, as your questions are highly technical and essential to you continually working, especially as they are the only ones that can insure you get the right answers, and not customer best guesses.

Anyway, email them at the following:

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi UK Bob,

Thanks for your response, I have just emailed them as you suggested.

If they can provide this information I will post it back here for anyone else who may need it.

Thanks,

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I connect the smart tv I have in the garden study which is some 20 mts from the main house where the NOwTV hub is, I can't can't use my tablet WI-FI  there as it seems to be too distant, also a  ethernet cable dosen't seem to connect me either.

May I ADD that I'm 83yrs old and not hi tech one little bit, so if any one can help a aged person  to  know what the procedure is  like ABC . What do I at the hub end to start with, then to the  connection to the ethernet connection on the back of the Smart TV, 

I've tried the small button on the Hub to connect automaticaly, to no avail,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Are you refereeing to you Now TV broadband router?

I would recommend using a powerline adapter to get the network extended from the Hub to the smart TV. I I use this approach when I need to connect a device to the network when either WiFi signal is poor or to far for an ethernet cable.

This works by sending the internet signal through you home wiring, so as long as both the hub and smart TV are on the same electric circuit it will work fine.

I have one adapter plugged in to the wall by the router and connected via ethernet cable, then another in the room I need internet, and plug an ethernet cable between that and the device.

Here's a link on Amazon to a basic pack: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/TL-PA4010PKIT-Passthrough-Powerline-Configuration-Required/dp/B01G5Q9E0O

Might not be the cheapest, but should give you an idea.

Regards,

Andy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you say that you tried a 20m Ethernet cable from the NowTV Hub 2 Router and your smart television in the garden shed and it didn't work ?

If so, have you gone into the NowTV Hub 2 webpage settings by typing 192.168.0.1 in your url address bar on your internet browser.

Then go to the Ethernet tab and try selecting "Fast Ethernet" and click on the green Apply button.

When prompted on screen the username & password is admin & nowtv (all lower case).

If that doesn't work, i am assuming the garden shed has electrical power feed from the distribution box in the house and if so maybe consider Home Ethernet Plugs.