cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Broadband Activation Date

My new Now Broadband account is due to activate on the 17th April.  I am currently with John Lewis Broadband and my contract with them ends on the 18th April.  They have just informed me that they intend to charge me at least £9.50 for the line (more if the broadband is also being cancelled) for an early cancellation fee. For ONE day!

I have complained to them and await a response but wonder if my activation date with Now Broadband could be moved.

Any help (not sure if I've posted this in the correct forum topic) or advice will be gratefully accepted.

Thank you

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Give the NowTV Broadband Team a call to see if they can accommodate your request by moving the switch over date on your behalf.

You will find their telephone number under My Account > Orders & Appointments where if you click on the drop down arrow below your scheduled live date a contact telephone number should appear on screen.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Give the NowTV Broadband Team a call to see if they can accommodate your request by moving the switch over date on your behalf.

You will find their telephone number under My Account > Orders & Appointments where if you click on the drop down arrow below your scheduled live date a contact telephone number should appear on screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you again schnapps. Not successful though. They were unable to move my activation date. No reason given.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear that NowTV wasn't flexible enough to move your scheduled live activation date Smiley Sad.

Maybe try your existing ISP again to see if they can waiver the one day early penalty fee ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have done.  They are always slow to respond.  Time will tell.