cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now App on PS5

Hello Now Community. I downloaded the Now App on my PS5. The app is fully up to date and so is my PS5. I can't help but notice how bad the picture quality is when playing the Now App on my PS5! I pay for the Boost too so I'm very disappointed as I was hoping my PS5 would be the main device I use for watching Now. Can we expect an update soon for the App? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing it's been more than 4 hours since you started the Boost Membership ?

Also are you getting 12Mbps or higher at the PlayStation ?

Personally i don't see a big picture quality difference between 720p (non Boost) or 1080p Boost on smaller size screens below 55 inch.

My opinion where the Boost comes into play is 50fps for Sports, Three Simultaneous Streams and 5.1 Surround Sound if you are using a 5.1 sound system.

On certain playback devices you can see the streaming quality figure where around 7800 to 8000 denotes 1080p.

I don't own a PS5, but on my Youview box i press the info button to see this figure and on my Fire Stick from memory i press the up direction button on the remote.

See if one of the buttons on your PS5 controller offers this on screen information when streaming NOW content.

If you find the button (if the controller has this feature anything around a figure of 4800 is 720p).

Another thing to note, sometimes the NOW streaming content can take up to 20 seconds to reach 1080p on Boost if you have sufficient internet Bandwidth.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is your connection to the PS5 wi-fi or ethernet?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, I currently have my PS5 connected wirelessly to the Now Hub using WiFi.
I have also tried connecting the PS5 to the Now Hub using a ethernet cable.
The picture quality is still noticeably poor despite the connection to the
Now Hub being strong. I think that it might be the Now App version for the
PS5 is in need for an update? Unless ofcourse it's just me that is
experiencing this issue. The Netflix App plays supurb on my PS5.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you split your Wi-fi bands on the NOW router? As 5ghz will be more effective for streaming. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

If your still having issues you could send an email with pictures/videos of the issue to customer support. Email in picture below.

Now TV customer service.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing it's been more than 4 hours since you started the Boost Membership ?

Also are you getting 12Mbps or higher at the PlayStation ?

Personally i don't see a big picture quality difference between 720p (non Boost) or 1080p Boost on smaller size screens below 55 inch.

My opinion where the Boost comes into play is 50fps for Sports, Three Simultaneous Streams and 5.1 Surround Sound if you are using a 5.1 sound system.

On certain playback devices you can see the streaming quality figure where around 7800 to 8000 denotes 1080p.

I don't own a PS5, but on my Youview box i press the info button to see this figure and on my Fire Stick from memory i press the up direction button on the remote.

See if one of the buttons on your PS5 controller offers this on screen information when streaming NOW content.

If you find the button (if the controller has this feature anything around a figure of 4800 is 720p).

Another thing to note, sometimes the NOW streaming content can take up to 20 seconds to reach 1080p on Boost if you have sufficient internet Bandwidth.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi and thank you for your help. Because my PS5 is new, I am still learning how to get the best possible picture I can get through it for both streaming and gaming. It may have been because I had my screen settings for the PS5 to 4K (2160p) rather than set to automatic. After having a play about with the settings a bit my picture has improved greatly. It may have also had a bit to do with my internet connection. All is resolved and I am very happy. Thank you all.