cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not HD quality at all

I have a new 4k HDR, HDR10, Dolby Vision TV and a new roku streaming stick + for Now TV.  The roku system says I'm getting 96mbps and have upgraded to the Now boost.  I have tried watching Prodigal Son, The Unknowing and Billions and all of these were very, very, grainy.  Certainly not what I call HD.  I contacted customer service who told be to reset router, roku stick and TV which I did. They said at their end it shows im streaming at 12mbps which is impossible and must be a problem at their end.  Ive done multiple speed tests and its always between 80 and 100.  Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not sure if Prodigal Son is a grainy picture or not by design from the Director (never watched it),but if you have purchased the Boost Pass via your online account within the last 4 hours, try logging out and back in again on the Roku NowTV App to trigger the Boost Pass.

To honest in my opinion the Boost Pass comes into its own for 50fps sports and if you are rocking a 5.1 surround sound system.

I do notice a slight improvement on picture quality but unless you have a super size TV there is not a massive difference compared to not having Boost.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We dont have sports pass, we use entertainment and cinema.

The TV is only a 43 inch.

Amazon Prime and Netflix are great picture, Now is terrible.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you try logging out of the NowTV App and signing back in again ?

I have a Roku Stick + and subscribe to NowTV movies with Boost and also Netflix HD and Amazon Prime and watching on a 92 inch projector screen the PQ is pretty close across all three streaming services where Netflix & Amazon Prime may have a slight edge over NowTV.

With regards to 5.1 surround sound (Dolby Digital +) i actually think NowTV sounds a little bit better with more bass in the low end in my personal opinion.

if you are not happy, then cancel your NowTV passes or Boost pass and ask NowTV live chat for a refund if you didn't take up the 7 day free Boost trial.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just watched a little bit of the first episode of Prodigal Son.

On my TV with Boost i am not seeing any film grain or compression artefacts but the colour palette on the TV show does look dull and muted (maybe by design by the Cinematographer ?).

If you have a movie pass, maybe try out a modern film to see if you notice any bump up in picture quality with NowTV Boost.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I am in the trial and it logged my out of Now TV when they asked me to reset the roku stick.

I may cancel but would prefer it to work.  Seems silly watching in 720 these days.