cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Non OEM Router Configuration (D-Link AC3200)

I'm wanting to use my D-Link AC3200 router for better performance against the OEM router supplied, what config settings do I need please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chilli2
Elite

Is this it? https://eu.dlink.com/uk/en/products/dir-890l-ac3200-ultra-wifi-router

looking at the specs, that D link model does not include a DSL modem , so it can not be used on its own and has to be used with a device that contains a modem.

When most people say router they usually refer to  an all in one box, that contains amongst a few other bits a DSL modem , router, wifi access point, firewall etc .

You can buy all in one devices as well as use the ISP supplied one , however as the D link appears to lack a modem it will need to be either coupled up with the Now router , or used with another device containing a modem.

I would search this forum for "modem only" or wait for another reply about how to set the now box into modem only mode.

If you  are going to buy a third party router make sure that its compatable with Nows service (MER/option 61) and if you want an all in one devcie make sure it contains a DSL modem

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
chilli2
Elite

Is this it? https://eu.dlink.com/uk/en/products/dir-890l-ac3200-ultra-wifi-router

looking at the specs, that D link model does not include a DSL modem , so it can not be used on its own and has to be used with a device that contains a modem.

When most people say router they usually refer to  an all in one box, that contains amongst a few other bits a DSL modem , router, wifi access point, firewall etc .

You can buy all in one devices as well as use the ISP supplied one , however as the D link appears to lack a modem it will need to be either coupled up with the Now router , or used with another device containing a modem.

I would search this forum for "modem only" or wait for another reply about how to set the now box into modem only mode.

If you  are going to buy a third party router make sure that its compatable with Nows service (MER/option 61) and if you want an all in one devcie make sure it contains a DSL modem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes this is model router I have and thanks for the information, I am running it off the back of the OEM modem to get a better signal and multiple devices as it has better bandwidth.

I'll check for the MER/option 61 compatability and hope there are no issues with throttling the traffic into the OEM box.

Jayach
Elite 3

If I understand what you are saying, you want to be running the router in AP mode.

How to turn DIR-890L into "AP mode" (dlink.com)