cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJ_Lew_Lew
Advocate

Nokia Beacon

Hello!

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the Now TV Broadband Hub as purely a modem and instead use my Nokia Beacon Mesh WiFi router system? 

Thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Thanks
1 Reply
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Nokia Beacon

@DJ_Lew_Lew 

There is no modem-only mode on the NowTV router.

It has been suggested that it would be enough to turn off DHCP on the Now router.

I have had a look at your Beacon thingy, though, and it sounds incredibly picky, and proprietary, about what it will and won’t work with, so you might want to ask this question of Nokia also.

Researching a different query on this Community, I was looking at Tenda Mesh systems, and it looks like these might extend the WiFi reach of the Now router; the base device connects to the router by Ethernet, so all you would have to do with the Now router is maybe turn its WiFi off. And maybe not even that, if the WiFi on the router augmented, rather than clashed with, the Mesh WiFi.

So this might be a straightforward solution to the execrable WiFi performance of the Now routers; but alas, the OP in the other thread seems to have ceased posting, so I can’t ask them to try it 😢

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks