cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Noise on landline outgoing calls only

A few weeks ago I started to have occasional interference on my landline but only on outgoing calls - all incoming calls are clear. The interference  can also be heard by the other person. Since then it has increased and reached the stage where making calls is a waste of time as it is next to impossible to have a conversation. I have carried out the steps in the guidance info including replacing the micro filter with a new one yet nothing had improved. Advice please.  

5 REPLIES 5
Jayach
Elite 3

Very odd, I can't see why outgoing calls should be any different to incoming as regards quality.

Do you have multiple extension sockets in use and do they all have filters?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your quick reply. I have a pair of BT phones and one Panasonic with micro filters fitted to each of the  two sockets. Fitting a new filter to the master  socket had no effect.

Jayach
Elite 3

Try disconnecting the phone(s) on any extension sockets and only have one on the master socket filter. and see it it is the same.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jatach, apologies for delay. Did as advised without any success.

Jayach
Elite 3

Just one last thing to try before calling Now. Try in the test socket (if you have one) with 2 different hand sets. If they both have the same problem in the test socket it must be a fault on the line (but a very odd one) and Now will need to call out Openreach.

To call Now use the number in this link: How to make a complaint (nowtv.com)