cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No sound on adding a second device to the account

Today I bought a second nowtv stick. Installation went ok until the sound bit and I have no sound ... I’ve tried re pairing and also new batteries. 
anything I’m missing? Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Go to My Account whilst logged in on here and under the Passes & Vouchers section of your account you should hopefully see a message towards the top of the screen with a link saying vouchers waiting for you.

Where if your existing active pass has more than 30 days remaining, then the new voucher on the second stick will be saved in the above area of your account.

Once you have 30 days or less left on your existing pass you should then be able to redeem the saved voucher from the second stick on your account.

PS - Glad you got the sound working on your new second stick 😀.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say no sound, is that the nowtv stick remote controller volume buttons doesn't work with your television ?

Or when watching anything on the stick there is no sound coming out of your television speakers ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. There’s no sound at all. Not even the menu clicks or programs. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

So if you watch any of the Apps on the new stick there is no sound coming out of your TV speakers ?

If this is the case, try temporarily disconnecting the power to the stick, if that doesn't work with both the stick and television switched off temporarily remove the stick.

Still no luck, then try a different HDMI port on your television.

Should there be still no sound, then go into your stick menu and under Display try the 720p settings.

Still no joy, then go into the stick menu again and play around with the Audio settings.

If there is still no sound coming out of your television speakers, then go into the television menu and play around with the sound options and the HDMI CEC option.

Also what happens if you temporary try the new stick on another television in your home, does the sound work from the new stick ?

Out of curiosity what make and model television are you using ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s working! Thank you. 
I first of all tried a different cable but it stayed the same. Tried it on another tv .. same issue. 
Left it all disconnected for 10 mins, reconnected and it now works ... phew. I’ve noticed when I first unplugged the new stick it was really hot. It’s seemingly staying cooler but it’s something I’ll kee an eye on. 
On another note the free built in vouchers which came with the new stick will they work after my current ones run out do you know? I’ve not long got 3 month vouchers for the sections we use. 
many many thanks. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Go to My Account whilst logged in on here and under the Passes & Vouchers section of your account you should hopefully see a message towards the top of the screen with a link saying vouchers waiting for you.

Where if your existing active pass has more than 30 days remaining, then the new voucher on the second stick will be saved in the above area of your account.

Once you have 30 days or less left on your existing pass you should then be able to redeem the saved voucher from the second stick on your account.

PS - Glad you got the sound working on your new second stick 😀.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

you are a star!! 
Yep they are there waiting. Thank you so much 😁