cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No news about an engineer

Two weeks ago lost phone and internet. Contacted Now Broadband and the helpful person on the line worked out quickly that it was an external fault and told me an engineer would arrive on Monday morning - which was the next working day. In the mean time Openworld contacted me and also said they would be coming. The 'short' was found, but this only lasted one week. (The engineer did suspect that it might not last for ever - thanks Openworld!)

Rang again. This time, after the person on the phone had worked out that it was an external  fault (surprise, surprise) I was not given a time for an engineer but that it would be between 3 and 5 days, and I would be 'messaged' via my NowTV login, as to when exactly this would be.

I did check that this was correct as I was surprised that I would need to log in when I quite obviously had no internet! Fortunately I have a kind neighbor and have been checking regularly if there have been any messages - zero.I have now gone past 4 working days and assuming that someone would arrive on Monday, surprised there has been no contact. Nothing from Openworld either and I know that once a booking has been made, an automated text will follow quickly.

So my question is, was my first experience a one off and in fact, it is a struggle to get anybody to come out quickly, or is that the norm and I am just unlucky this time? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Openreach.

Hopefully just a slip of the pen, and hasn’t delayed anything.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Openreach.

Hopefully just a slip of the pen, and hasn’t delayed anything.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.