cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justine
Mentor

No internet

My activation date was today. Waited until I got confirmation of service being connected. Set up the hub and I have all three solid green lights however I have no internet? My phone says connected without internet. Can't connect my TV or laptop. I can use ethernet for my laptop and TV but still nothing on my phone or other wireless only devices. I've checked admin to see wifi is enabled and it is.. can anyone tell me

13 REPLIES 13
Jayach
Elite 3

@Justine wrote:

Set up the hub and I have all three solid green lights however I have no internet?

I can use ethernet for my laptop and TV 

That actually make no sense.

The internet and Wi-Fi are not the same thing.

When you try to connect to Wi-Fi, using the SSID and password on the router, just what happens?

Justine
Mentor

What I wrote makes perfect sense.

I literally said in my post.. when I connect it says "connected without Internet".

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Justine 

Has your broadband been activated yet? If not call the team.

Make sure you’re signed and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down to see the number to call.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/installation-and-setup

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Justine
Mentor

Yes. It was activated yesterday. I've checked the service status and says it's all good and I have three solid green lights on the box. I also got confirmation yesterday, through text and emails that it was on 👍

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Justine 

Is everything working as expected? We are just customers of NOW be it broadband or TV and do our best to point you in the right direction.

Justine
Mentor

No, hence my post.

Like I said in the original post it says "connected without internet" for WiFi and then when I use ethernet it connects however nothing that needs an Internet connection loads.

I've already queried this with the NOW broadband team I just wanted to see if anyone had similar issues with solutions.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Justine 

You could try a factory reset to the router (see step 1 of the below link) in case there is an odd fault with it. Otherwise I’d pester the broadband team until it’s sorted.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

chilli2
Elite

Connect a PC or other computer via ethernet to the router, next go to the routers config page/ set up and find the bit about the connection - what does it say?

Justine
Mentor

It says it's connected and has been connected for over 12 hours? 

It also says that the Wifi and ethernet ports are connected?