cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No internet

I know I posted this on another thread yesterday, but thought I would do a dedicated one. 

My broadband was supposed to have gone live on 6th September.    I am still waiting.    I have plugged into master socket, Reset it was.  The only lights illuminated are the Power and Wireless lights.

Today I notice that the Orders & Appointments page says I am up and running.  Technical details page says it cannot check as I am waiting on a router or engineer.    I have the router and no one has informed me that I need an engineer.

Please can someone advise .  I'm not prepared to wait on the phone for 20 mins.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I know I posted this on another thread yesterday, but thought I would do a dedicated one. 

My broadband was supposed to have gone live on 6th September.    I am still waiting.    I have plugged into master socket, Reset it was.  The only lights illuminated are the Power and Wireless lights.

Today I notice that the Orders & Appointments page says I am up and running.  Technical details page says it cannot check as I am waiting on a router or engineer.    I have the router and no one has informed me that I need an engineer.

@Anonymous User I can give you a ring if you like.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User I can give you a ring if you like.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, I am experiencing the same problem. Can someone help? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issues.

Firstly, i was expecting the engineer today tk set the hub up.  No one knocked my door but apparently someone did the works outside without bothering to let me know he was in my garden.

I then called NOW TV (i was in the queue for 55 minutes) and informed me that I'll have an internet connecr by midnight today. Well, it's already passed midnight and there is no wifi.

I want to stress the fact that I've been waiting for the engineer visit since the day I moved (over a half a month ago) and I have already slent £30 on mobile data. This is due to the fact that I am a student and internet is a must... I ve also spent money on bus tickets to get to the university's library where I could have wifi...

I cannot wait for another half a month for the connection to work... Neither I have more money to spend on mobile data and bus fares...

Please help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem! Waited in all day from work for the engineer, only to get a text to say they had missed the appointment even with an hour left in the time slot. 

Spent 15 mins on the phone waiting to speak to an advisor, only to be told it was going to be an additional 72 hours for Tier 2 to deal with the problem. 
The advisor I spoke to this morning was really helpful in giving me all the next steps NowTV had to take, but it’s frustrating that it hasn’t be set up on the date we were given by NowTV. And now it’ll be at least another 72 hours before it’s sorted. Not a great first impression. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Tony-D

Many Thanks for phoning.  BTOpenreach contacted me this afternoon and came out straight away.   I can confirm my line is now working.

Thanks again

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Tony-D

Many Thanks for phoning.  BTOpenreach contacted me this afternoon and came out straight away.   I can confirm my line is now working.

Thanks again

Happy days @Anonymous User Gald it got sorted so quick 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes mine was working but now I'm having same issue 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you have to pay for bt to come out and sort your line? Did you organise the engineer through now or bt?