cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No internet light

I have switched on my new broadband hub and it’s not showing the internet light.. 

my account went live yesterday, have unswitched it many times now and still not working 

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here, can someone fix it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello, the Engineer had to come out for me, but basically there was a double filter in my socket hence why it wasn’t working, but I would not of known that. So do check your sockets, open it up and put the adsl line directly in.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Nees

Can you say, how did a second ADSL filter get installed in your telephone socket?

Sorry to ask but it seems somewhat of a strange thing to happen.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

I am not sure, it was odd, but the engineer opened the socket there was a filter inside plus I had the one that came with order. Essentially they said it has to go straight into the socket, so if you are able to, make sure you check that first and see if it then works as mine worked straight away after that.

Nees
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Cheers Nees

I have had to cover off my telephone connection socket a few times and, as far as I can see, there's nothing there that should not be.

However, I do see that removing telephone connection covers is not something most people would do, or want to do.

Still, having a pre-installed ADSL filter will probably be a normal thing to have in the near future.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did they explain what was wrong with it or what had to be down? And did it cost to get him out?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello- in the end it was just because there was a double filter. There was one inside the socket when they opened it up! and no there was no charge for them to come out.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just wanted to say thanks so much! I was able to solve the issue myself cause of your answer 🙂