cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No internet for 5 DAYS

I’ve had no broadband service for five days now.

I switched to NowTV broadband because the package looked perfect, the promise of a hassle free switchover was too great to turn down. Look where I am now. First off, I knew there was something wrong on Monday, my ‘go live’ date. Rang NowTV, was told it’d be live before midnight (broken promise number one). Then Tuesday comes around. Guess what?? No bloody broadband! Rang up and nobody had a clue what was up, told it’d be solved within 72 hours (broken promise number two).  Now, after a bit of back and forth (joking, I had to do all the communication here, nobody contacted me with updates.) I was informed it was a problem with OpenReach - great. 72 hours roll by with again, no update and I ring up today (after being told I’d be called back) and guess what? The promised update wasn’t there!!! The fellow on the other end of the phone told me he’d be back at me by the end of the day, several hours passed and I had no call from NowTV (at this point the incompetence wasn’t surprising). So I called up at 7pm - finally got through to someone who seemed to know what was going on, she did however leave me annoyed by telling me my broadband would be live by Tuesday the 4th August - not her fault, just sheer incompetence from NowTVs technical team it would seem. Now, no broadband wouldn’t usually be a massive issue for me - I work in a bar and go to university, however, due to COVID-19 I can’t access any university resources (library, internet etc) as its all shut. Guess who has a deadline on Wednesday? Oh, that’s me! I had an online exam last Monday (the start of this headache), fortunately I had some data remaining on my phone, so I used it as a hotspot for this, I however cannot keep paying for data to do my work as I’m not made of money. The real question is - will I actually have broadband by Tuesday? NowTV seem to be excelling at breaking promises - let’s see if it’s a lucky number three. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having very similar issues

my go live date was Friday (31st July) and it’s Tuesday with no internet! Can’t get through to anyone and I have paid my bill

its ridiculous 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thats dreadful! I still have no broadband connection 😞 every time I ring I'm told it's due to a different issue. Getting really fed up now.