cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No internet for 2 weeks with zero communication from Now TV

Hi,

My broadband was due to go live on the 23rd of December. The line still hasn't gone live, and talking to support I have been told there has been 'a delay' and that I will be contacted within 72 hours. Why do I have to wait 72 hours! This is a big problem for me, I work from home and rely heavily on internet access.

I already had a fibre connection so there should be no issues in switching it over. I have read on the forums that some people have waited for a further three-weeks for their internet access! Surely there is some legal action we can take if this is the case? If people were left without gas or electricity for three weeks there definitely would!

Please let me know what further action I can take. Can I speak directly to the 'teir 4' group or do I really have to wait 72 hours for them to even contact me. I would like this issue addressed as soon as possible.

Many thanks Gav (A very disappointed customer)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I was having the same issue too, in terms of the compensation this doesn’t include weekends or bank holidays.

I’m still without internet...by any chance were you switching from Shell Broadband? If so , it seems if you switch from Shell to NowTV you’re left without internet...I’m on Day 5 and been ringing them everyday.

it’s a joke (Tier 2 aka Open Reach) leave one line comments and only work Monday to Friday.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Unfortunately Now TV have to rely on Open

Reach with setting up your connection. 

All I could suggest is calling the broadband team to complain and see if there any update. The 0800 free from number is on the link below

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW TV advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User You may be entitled to compensation. Have a read of the linked article from OFCOM.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automatic-compensation-need-know

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I was having the same issue too, in terms of the compensation this doesn’t include weekends or bank holidays.

I’m still without internet...by any chance were you switching from Shell Broadband? If so , it seems if you switch from Shell to NowTV you’re left without internet...I’m on Day 5 and been ringing them everyday.

it’s a joke (Tier 2 aka Open Reach) leave one line comments and only work Monday to Friday.