cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No internet connection

I was watchin Netflix yesterday Mornin then the internet jst stopped workin my router had 2 green lights and the internet light was orange I rang Nowtv customer service and explain what happened they told me to do the usual checks a said done 4 times (I actually counted aswel) they said that ok I see its not your side were the fault is it’s else were we will book and engineer will take 3-5 working days that’s to long to wait especially when my kids go crazy coz they can’t watch youtube, I’ve had my router off since and switched it back on about an hour ago hoping it will work (massive fail) so still have no internet anyone else waited this long?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We’ve had no internet for three days now. Our businesses depend on it, it’s terrible!

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We’ve had no internet for three days now. Our businesses depend on it, it’s terrible!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I contacted them the first time I was told they had a similar problem with another customer and was sorted more or less straight away yet 3 days later am still sittin with no internet, yet if your late with a payment they sharp cut it off 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a telephone contact number to speak to human being???

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User 0800 759 1213. Open from 8:00am tomorrow.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My WiFi hasn’t been working for social media 

Instagram 

snapchat

facebook

and many more it’s hard because my family doesn’t know how to contact nowtv to sort it out 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you gone into My Account whilst logged in on here and tried changing your Broadband Buddy Settings ?

Where the default setting is based on PG 13 and may block these websites.

If that doesn't work and your are losing wifi performance or wifi drop outs on your NowTV Hub 2 Router, then maybe try these settings below.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

In my setup 2.4GHz wifi works better for me in my Home environment than 5GHz, where i have set all my devices  for 2.4GHz.

Also a few users have reported random wifi drop outs on their phones using the NowTV Hub 2 Router.

Where you could try accessing the Hub 2 Router webpage settings (following steps 1 & 2 above and instead of selecting the Maintenance Tab, select the Advanced Tab), then select the LAN IP Setup tab below it, then disable the IPV 6 on Lan side by unticking the box and clicking the green Apply Button towards the bottom of the screen.

The disable of the IPV6 over Lan seemed to help people who have reported wifi random dropouts on their phone and other devices using the NowTV Hub 2.

Apart from that phone the NowTV Broadband Team for further assistance & help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
  • How do I get to the broadband buddy and Can I do it on my tv
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to phone customer services though?  I cannot find a number anywhere and livechat doesnt work either.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hii had this issue ( BB and phone line dropping out)

I disabled IPV 6, and seems to have fixed it.

Thank you @schnapps