cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No internet connection on phone

Hi all, 

We've had NowTV Broadband for about 3 weeks now in our new place and for 2 of us we always have the 'Ready to connect when network quality improves' warning when we connect to the WiFi on our phones (Samsung S8+ and Samsung S9+). We have full bars so shouldn't be a case of weak signal. 

Could this be to do with the hub or a device issue? Have tried changing the IP to static which didn't work either. Any advice much appreciated as I'm currently eating into my data plan. 😞

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi all, 

We've had NowTV Broadband for about 3 weeks now in our new place and for 2 of us we always have the 'Ready to connect when network quality improves' warning when we connect to the WiFi on our phones (Samsung S8+ and Samsung S9+). We have full bars so shouldn't be a case of weak signal. 

Could this be to do with the hub or a device issue? Have tried changing the IP to static which didn't work either. Any advice much appreciated as I'm currently eating into my data plan. 😞

Cheers!

Hi @Anonymous User  Are you using the 2.4Ghz signal or the 5Ghz? Also, you may want to try changing channels as if you are in a busy area there will be some sort of congestion on the default channel. Please let me know if you see any improvements and if you don't we can keep trying 🙂