cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stim

No internet connection on Mobile phone

Hi all,

New to Now TV and easy to turn on and setup to TV, laptop and 1 phone. 

My husband's phone is older than mine and it can see the WiFi and has entered the password.  It has the WiFi symbol with ? And says no Internet connection. I have tried reading other posts but I'm not able to do some of the suggestions mentioned.

It is Android version 6 so not sure if this is why but we had no issues with our other Internet.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Stim 

I’m not clear what’s happening here.

Your husband can’t connect to WiFi on his phone at all? Or just can’t get on to Now?

Do you have Now Broadband?

If not, this is a problem either for his mobile phone provider, whoever that is, or for your WiFi provider, whoever that is.

But Android 6, Marshmallow, was released in 2015, and replaced by Android 7, Nougat, in August 2016.

So his phone is probably older than Marshmallow, but that was the last release it would accept.

What’s the phone? I loved my first generation Moto G, which I got in 2013, but that wouldn’t go beyond Android 6, and my provider, EE, let me know they were discontinuing it back in January 2023. Not just stopping support, but stopping the whole service to the phone 😢

So I replaced it with a mid-range Samsung A53 (not from EE, who were doing no favours on price!) and it’s a revelation.

Maybe this is nature telling him he needs a new mobile?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.