cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No internet all

It's been down for around 3 days now. Any idea when what ever is broken will be fixed. Effecting my work now 

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

We won’t know as we are just customers like you, best to call the broadband team to find out. Number in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

Has your broadband been down for 3 days, and the first thing you do is post on a forum?

I would have been on the phone after 10 mins.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Jayach 

I would have looked at Downdetector and Isitdown? on my mobile first.

Other, possibly superior, options are available.

@Anonymous User, also please note that Now is domestic broadband, and therefore, we suspect, not BT Openreach’s highest priority. So you might need a business service instead, to cause less disruption with your work.

e.g. If my 24/7 BT broadband goes down, a small cellular device BT provide will kick in within 3 minutes, and give me business continuity for the duration of the fibre outage. Which, being FTTP, is inherently more reliable than FTTC, though that just means less outages, not no outages.

You might also want to consider using your mobile phone or other cellular device as a WiFi hotspot; your employer should be happy to fund this, rather than lose your services for days.

Alternatively, we were able to tell the last person with this issue that the daily compensation they were entitled to from their broadband being down was slightly greater than the daily cost of their mobile data, something else you might like to consider.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I took your advice and called them on the number you provided in my thread. Guess what, it's an automated line that told me that I had to send a picture of my connected setup first. LOL That was the phone call. You can't reach anyone. I swapped the stock filter for my old BT Openreach one and the internet came on right away for 10 minutes. Last night I got a new Sky Hub and internet worked 10 minutes before the DSL dropped again. When I was with Plusnet and downgraded to a lower speed they unplugged the DSL at the exchange but the engineer who suppose to plug it back in on the lower bandwidth never did it(it needs two men to unplug an plug back a cable). They kept telling me that the fault was in my house until they agreed that they will send an engineer who sorted it by plugging the cable back. I think my broadband just passed the 18 months period.