Did you mean: 
Sanna
Advocate

No internet after switch

Activation date: Thursday 21 April

- Sky broadband cut off around 6pm. Setup new NOW hub

- Power & Wireless light green. No internet light

- Called NOW few hours later, told to wait until midnight for activation 

Today, Friday 22 April, still no internet, NOW says the line is activated and problem is in the property. However previous internet with sky worked fine until they cut off for the switch, so something must’ve happened with the switch?

Engineer not booked until MONDAY… What on earth am I supposed to do? Even tried unscrewing the wall socket as some people said they found out to have a master socket inside so no need for a splitter, but inside mine is just electric wiring however only 2 wires out of 5 connected, which is something an Openreach engineer did few months back when internet with sky dropped out 

5 REPLIES 5
chilli2
Elite

How did you leave SKY 

@ Did you tell sky you want to cancel

or

did you just sign up with now without telling SKY you are leaving?

Sanna
Advocate

I signed up with NOW, and automatically by doing so I got an email from sky saying “we’re sorry to see you go, this is what will happen next.” And that they would keep providing internet until the 21st which was the date NOW said to go live 

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Sanna You are connected at the master socket I take it? Is there a dialtone on the phone? What does it say when you go to My Account > Broadband & calls > Technical checks? 

Sanna
Advocate

Yes connected to master socket. No phone to check tone. Online troubleshooting says “Sorry, we can't fix your issue online. Get in touch at xxxx” 

I have a friend working for Openreach that fixed all Loose ends in the flat few months back so all wiring in building is up to scratch, according to him the fault is definitely at the street cabinet but seeing as he doesn’t have the details of the switch he can’t go to the cabinet himself to fix it. 

But considering we went from normal Broadband to Fibre its most likely a fault with the switchover from the cabinet 🤦🏻‍♀️

redchiz1
Champion 2

OK, it is just a shame that the support team cannot apparently recognise this. In all honesty an engineer on Monday is probably as soon as you can expect. Let us know how it goes.