cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No incoming phone calls

New installation today, switching from Virgin to NOW. Broadband OK.  Phone line can dial out, including intruder alarm alerts, but unable to dial in.  Phone just rings out when the number is dialled.  Is this a temporary glitch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

The activation may still be in progress, new customers are generally advised to wait until midnight. What does your order status show on My Account? If you dial 17070 from your landline is the correct number read back to you? 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
redchiz1
Champion 2

The activation may still be in progress, new customers are generally advised to wait until midnight. What does your order status show on My Account? If you dial 17070 from your landline is the correct number read back to you? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the device redchiz1.  Dialled 17070 and the ‘phone number is confirmed correctly.  Seem to recall the engineer said this morning that it may take a little while for the service to be fully established.  I shall be more patient and try again after midnight or tomorrow.

baysee
Advocate

I am still awaiting  my phone to be set up so that I can receive calls. I joined Now about 6 weeks ago and they are now ignoring me, when you test the line on the NOW werbsite, it tells you everything is in order, whren clearly it isn"t

redchiz1
Champion 2

How are they ignoring you? Try calling the complaints number on 0800 759 1213.