cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No dial tone for landline, but broadband still working

Hello,

I've had no dial tone on the landline for a few days now but the broadband is working fine?

Done the usual checks of trying a new phone, using the master socket and other methods suggested but to no avail?

Unfortunately with the live chat understandably down I am not sure what the best option is now?

If anyone can offer some help or advice I would be most grateful as a few pensioners have my landline number and I am helping them with shopping / care during this difficult time for us all. 

Thank you for any help

Chris

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same problem here.  How can I message, email or call the support centre when the chat is down?

Thanks

Jamie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Chris,

I have the same problem and went through all the checks but was given a Freefone number, unfortunately it would take an hour before they answered. I had already spoken to Openreach who advised that the problem was theirs and to contact my provider NOW to get the problem resolved. NOW know there is a problem so why do I have to contact them, they are the service provider not me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. No dial tone all of a sudden. But the broadband is working. I can’t find any way to contact NOW on this. I have logged a complaint. But I can’t see anything else to do .  Help please for an on their own OAP. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here,  I am self isolating and don't have a mobile!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris’s

I had exactly the same problem today.

like you I did all the usual checks. I ended up phoning the help desk. I  did wait over an hour but said they would send an engineer to check the line outside, as that is were the problem was. 

I know it’s a nuisance but you will have to get in touch with the help desk

Good luck

Ells69

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What’s the Help Desk telephone number?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here but just with incoming calls. What the help line number please. Am on higher risk and supposedly needing help during this crisis but not getting anywhere with NowTV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. Land line is not working, and expecting calls. Im in a mobile phone coverage blindspot, hence unable make calls. 😕

RoyB
Legend

My Account/Broadband & calls/Moving House shows the number that NowTV Broadband customers should ring for help with broadband and phone issues.

You may have to hang on for a bit, but the line is manned.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.