cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No dial tone but broadband okay

Hi there, we are currently without a landline, (no dial tone, engaged when people try to call) but fully working internet. This was reported yesterday and Openreach visited today they believe that there’s a problem with the internal wiring which I do not believe as the internet still works 100% and there’s not been any problems with the landline for years prior to ordering broadband for the first time. Also worth mentioning that BT rewired the landline from the pole and internally and there’s never been any issues with this. I believe that there’s a problem with the copper line at the street-box which needs to be checked. What’s the quickest way of getting this checked out please? Although the account is in my name it’s my 81 year old Nan that lives at the property and normally uses her landline on a daily basis. 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not being a NOW broadband customer or having a phone to test my BT landline I can’t be much help apart from providing the FAQ for the dial tone issues.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/fix-problems-with-my-phone

My guess if you have tried another handset, give the broadband team another call to keep “moaning” about the fault.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve given customer service a call and Openreach will be coming out again 🙂