cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No broadband on activation day

Just switched to Now Broadband and so far not impressed. I was told I needed an engineer so booked the day off work only to be told I didn’t need one. Activation day was yesterday I have been charged but still no internet. Couldn’t call yesterday because of the until midnight rule but I knew something wasn’t right. This is the first company I have used who has let me down on activation date. We have no broadband and it’s needed for work. No communication what do ever. I’m really not impressed. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here.  I did call and was told would have to wait until midnight an then call in the morning if it wasn't connected.  Not a great experience at all so far.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve worked out the problem it was because we were using the filter. My plug already had a filter so I swapped it to the new one but it turned out we didn’t need it all. Posting this incase it helps someone else. I hope you get sorted soon. 

Jayach
Elite 3

Yes, if you have a pre-filtered master socket, you have to use the RJ45 socket, and you can't use the extensions at all.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear the situation you have been put in cause of NOW, unfortunately that is how they do operate for broadband live dates.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/i-ve-ordered-now-broadband-what-happens-next

Are you not able to use your mobile phone as a hotspot until you get up and running?

If I were you both give the team a call to after 8am as the lines are closed and hopefully you can get it resolved. Unfortunately with NOW they are fully reliant on OpenReach to get you set up and for maintaining the network.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help