I've been waiting six weeks now for my phone and broadband to be connected. Every customer service representative, though polite, tell me a different story / excuse each time. I'm 75 and vulnerable and left with no phone or broadband apart from a mobile my son gave me. I am so stressed out about this I don't know what to do. Has anyone else on here experienced a similar scenario and if so what was the outcome or any advice on what I should do would be much appreciated.
That sounds terrible. What are the circumstances that have lead to this? Did you swap from another FTTC ISP? Did you try to swap from Virgin? Is this a new line, when no BT/Openreach line existed?
Now, like all businesses, have a Code of Practice in case of complaints so have you tried following it?
Hi Johnh1, thanks for your reply. I moved house but the previous owner had broadband and openreach have come over, checked the line etc..and everything is good to go but now TV just fob me off with a different excuse each time from, I need ground work to, someone's parked in front on the exchange to the computers are down. They say they sent the hub but nothing comes then the next person you speak to says it's notbeen sent and they can't book an engineer etc.. it's terrible. I just don't know what to do. If I cancel I probably owe them for terminating the contract early. The stress is constant.
I would just go with someone else, they can't charge an ETF if they haven't started providing the service.
If they were to try, take it to CICAS (or whoever their ADR (Alternative dispute resolution says) who, I'm sure, would take a dim view of them taking more than 6 weeks to provide service.
Do you actually have a BT phone socket in the house, and were the previous occupants using FTTC. If they were on Virgin (or FTTP) that may be the cause of the delay.
Also be aware if the delays are down to Openreach, you may have the same problem with any ISP, however they should at least keep you updated.
Hi John, yes I have a Openreach master socket 5c and they've been over to say everything is fine so not certain what is going on but yes, I think switching providers is my last option. Failing that I'll just pay a bit more and go for 4g broadband instead. I really appreciate your response and help.