cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Broadband and very poor customer service

I set up my broadband to be installed by the engineer yesterday on the 7th of September, the engineer came and plugged in the box, he left with the broadband not connected and he said that he would have the broadband connected by the end of the day; it is the next day now and we still have no broadband and it took me 50 minutes on hold to get in contact with NOWTV's helpline where I was told that I would be emailed details of someone who would call me to arrange for an engineer to come back and finish setting up the broadband box. I waited 2 hours and had no email so I called back and was put on hold for a further 15 minutes, I requested they email me whilst on the phone so that I definitely recieved the email and they refused to send it to me, I was then told that someone would contact me within 72 hours to arrange the visit of the engineer which is very inconvenient as all 4 people in my household rely on internet access heavily. I also attempted to find a way to book a new appointment with the engineer on the NOWTV website and I was unable to find a way to do that but did find that I am going to be charged for line rental which I have not used as I do not have land line phone, when setting up the broadband package I was lead to believe that I will be paying £20 monthly and £9.99 for the set up fee and was not expecting this hidden fee of £4.49. Seriously not impressed and considering cancelling and changing broadband if these issues are not resolved quickly.  

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I can't help about the lack of Internet due to that I am a customer like you.

Sounds to me that the BT Openreach Engineer who thought it was a straight forward job initially then came across a problem with your line outside.

Saying that there is no excuse for the Engineer to pop back to your house and explain what's happening, together with nowtv keeping the customer updated in the loop (assuming they have had the Engineers report from Openreach) on what course of action is needed next as a matter of courtesy.

I am guessing your are on Fab Fibre and the £20 monthly charge would be inclusive of line rental (which you need to have) together with the Internet.

The £9.99 is a delivery charge for the Hub Router, don't know or never come across the £4.49 charge (anything mentioned on the Bill).

Would have thought that nowtv will defer payment until everything is all working and maybe ask them for some sort of compensation for all your troubles.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I hope that I will hear back from them soon, as much as anything else I didn't appear to be getting anywhere over the phone so I'm almost keeping my fingers crossed that someone on the NOWTV team will see this post and reply with a solution.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

NowTV and any ISP that use the Openreach infrastructure are at the mercy of Openreach I am afraid to say when things don't go to plan or when given updates what's the next course of action of a non completed Engineers job ticket.

What doesn't help mind is the long wait times on the phone to speak to somebody from the nowtv broadband team or no return reply from the nowtv Tech teams which makes matters worse.

Anyway I hope you get your broadband working soon.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks, I hope that I will hear back from them soon, as much as anything else I didn't appear to be getting anywhere over the phone so I'm almost keeping my fingers crossed that someone on the NOWTV team will see this post and reply with a solution.

Hi Jane, i can this has been sent to our Provisioning Operation team who will be able to investigate and liase with Openreach tomorrow. I will personally check this case tomorrow though and have a chat to Openreach to see if we can this sorted asap. I'm so sorry for this delay and i hope we can make it up to you in the long run.