cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New user

Hi all. Before I sign up to Now TV I would like to know how it would work for me. I have 3 TVs that I want Now TV on for myself and my two children. The children want the Entertainment and Cinema and I want Sky Sports only. Is it possible to set it up like that to keep the cost down as low as possible ? Thanks for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You’ll need cinema, entertainment and sports passes. Shop around for vouchers to get a cheaper deal. If you want to use all 3 televisions at the same time, you’ll also need a boost pass, otherwise you can only watch on 2 devices. Talking of devices, the NowTV app on televisions and Youview boxes can only use the cinema passes, so you’ll need to factor in the cost of suitable devices (the cheapest being the NowTV stick which usually come with vouchers to start you off). Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You’ll need cinema, entertainment and sports passes. Shop around for vouchers to get a cheaper deal. If you want to use all 3 televisions at the same time, you’ll also need a boost pass, otherwise you can only watch on 2 devices. Talking of devices, the NowTV app on televisions and Youview boxes can only use the cinema passes, so you’ll need to factor in the cost of suitable devices (the cheapest being the NowTV stick which usually come with vouchers to start you off). Hope that helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply Mark.  So just to confirm, I don't need separate subscriptions for each stick. I plan to buy 3x Now Tv sticks for the different devices (TVs). Thanks again.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Correct. You can, in fact, have up to 6 devices active on one account. And stream of two at the same time (3 with an HD Boost pass).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brilliant, i'll check around for the best Now TV stick deals and get it set up. Many thanks.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Mark_Weinreb 

A slight correction to what Mark said - in

Talking of devices, the NowTV app on televisions and Youview boxes can only use the cinema passes‘

he should have said

‘Talking of devices, the NowTV app on Youview boxes can only use the cinema passes’

i.e. this restriction doesn’t apply to televisions, so if any of your three sets are smart Samsungs (from 2015 onwards) or smart LGs, you should be able to find the NowTV app on them, or download it from the TV’s App Store, save yourself one or more of those Stick purchases.

The reason for the confusion is that most people with a YouView box find it knits so seamlessly into how they watch TV that they forget it’s there, and almost always start off with ‘my television won’t play Entertainment or Sports’ from which we have to deduce it’s actually a YouView box they are talking about, and explain that this one is Movies only.

YouView is supposed to be going full NowTV soon, and I can’t wait; not because I want to watch Entertainment on mine particularly, but because it will make the support on here a damn sight more straightforward 😜

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks Roy. I am going down the route of buying 3 x Now TV sticks as my 3
TVs are Sonys and none of them have the Now TV App.