cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New today - Wi-Fi - password not recognised

I've managed to get my laptop connected to the internet by pressing the button on the HUB but can not get my phone to connect or my PC. 

Is it possible that the password is wrong and I need another one? Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would press the reset button on the back of the Router for around 15 seconds and start all over again.

Give it say 5 minutes for the Router to settle down and all three green lights are fully illuminated on the front of the NOW Hub 2 Router.

If still no joy go into the NOW Hub Router webpage settings by typing 192.168.0.1 in your internet browser url and when prompted use admin and nowtv and change your WiFi password of your choice.

Whilst in the webpage settings also i would split the 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi bands.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would press the reset button on the back of the Router for around 15 seconds and start all over again.

Give it say 5 minutes for the Router to settle down and all three green lights are fully illuminated on the front of the NOW Hub 2 Router.

If still no joy go into the NOW Hub Router webpage settings by typing 192.168.0.1 in your internet browser url and when prompted use admin and nowtv and change your WiFi password of your choice.

Whilst in the webpage settings also i would split the 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi bands.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also have a read of this similar linked thread below for any tips.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/New-now-broadband-password-incorrect/m-p/579972 

chilli2
Elite

the default wifi password should be on the bottom of the router, there may also be a bit of paper with it on as well but this is easy to loose.

if youve changed anything and dont know how to get back the rest button will do the trick.

Again you can also get into it by connecting a p.c or laptop via an Ethernet cable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That was a great help. In the end I didn't change my password as I ended up phoning Now.

It turns out that what I thought was an l was in fact a capital 'i' in my password. I did think it might be a '1' but never gave the correct capital a thought. I live and learn. I will most probably change it once I manage to understand my new system.

Thanks again 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Think anything is possible with these clowns. Just joined today. However WI-FI name on hub is not the NOW WI-FI name available when trying to connect devices. So obviously it doesn’t recognise the password! Will be without WI FI until they send out another router. 

you’ve probably got my hub and I’ve got yours! 

chilli2
Elite

If the re set button doe not work, then connect via Ethernet adn then go to the router config page, from there you will be able to change the wifi passwords, SSID and so on.

while at it separate the wifi bands as well

Jayach
Elite 3

As @chilli2 says you should be able to log in to your router at "192.168.0.1”. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password and check your current Wi-Fi name(SSID) and password. You could then set them to whatever you want.