cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New to Now broardband

I signed up over 2 weeks ago, knowing my end date with my old provider was coming to a close. I have had no communication about my account being set up, however, I do have an account with nothing on it. What do I do now as it seems incredibly difficult to get in touch with anyone to find out more! 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

From my understanding everything is sorted by NOW, you don’t need to cancel as NOW will do that for you. 

Did you get given an activation date?

Call the broadband team using the number in my signature below.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

What do yo mean by end date with old provider?

to move ISP you should do the following:

check to see that your old ISP contract is out of the minimum term ( sometimes called out of contract)

you can try and haggle with your old isp for a better deal, if they dont match the competion ie Now broadband han up and do no more, do not cancel or say you will be leaving/cancelling

You will get a message from your old ISP saying something like sorry to hear you are leaving and possibly offer a deal, if you do nothing your internet /phone will switch without a hitch.

if there is a delay then your old ISP will / should continue to provide a service until Now take over and you will be charged the standard rate of your old ISP until switch over.

If you contact your old ISP and  say you are cancelling and then they give you a date the service will end, this wil cause all sorts of issues with moving to, or setting up with a new ISP