cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New to NOWTV

All registered.

Tried to watch my first film and receive the following message on scene.

"Opps something is  wrong, please wait. Or check your internet connection"

I waited for ages nothing happened. 

Internet (Superfast broadband from Sky) Well, let's use super fast as a joke....

Internet connection is fine.  Still no films

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have created a nowtv account and your bank card are on the nowtv data base and up to date.

Then should none of the films play on your cinema pass, if you could confirm what play back devices you are using then hopefully somebody on the forum could offer you some further help on things to try.

I am guessing you have tried the basic stuff like rebooting both your router and nowtv playback device to see if that makes a difference ?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have created a nowtv account and your bank card are on the nowtv data base and up to date.

Then should none of the films play on your cinema pass, if you could confirm what play back devices you are using then hopefully somebody on the forum could offer you some further help on things to try.

I am guessing you have tried the basic stuff like rebooting both your router and nowtv playback device to see if that makes a difference ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What do you mean play back device. I only have a TV

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What i mean by playback device is the method you are watching nowtv on, i.e. external device such has nowtv box or stick, games console, YouView box.

If you only have a TV then i am assuming you have a LG or Samsung smart TV with the inbuilt NowTV App ?

Also are you using wifi or hard wired Ethernet cable ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks

i a

have a LG tv with on board app for NowTV

TV comes via Sky superfast broadband (it's not very fast) 

I can access NOWTV even select a film but then get

"oppps something is not right"

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am assuming you are using WiFi between your LG smart TV and your Sky Router ?

When you go into the LG TV Network settings, what's the WiFi reception signal like?

Would it be practically possible to run an Ethernet cable between your LG TV (assuming it has Lan port) and your Sky Router if you WiFi signal is poor?

Have you tried unplugging the power to the TV and Sky Router for about a minute. 

If still no luck, what happens if you hold the reset button on the back of the router for about 10 secs?

Apart from the above the only other thing I could suggest is try removing the NowTV App and re install it again from the television App store. 

If still getting nowhere, see if live chat can assist you further. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are connected by wi fi and yes it's a lg to with the NOWTV app on it?

OILCAN
Scholar

Hi koffindodger

I think l had that issue before when starting here.  It was when l applied my pass and did not confirm its activation.  Maybe check that if its still playing up.