Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Farid
Advocate

New to NOW

Hi,

I would like help to know the following:

1. How many devices can be connected to the wifi at the same time? 

2. I just connected my NOW modem and at some moment the internet disappeared and the modem went off for 5 mins. Can someone tell me why that happened and whom do I call if this occurs in the future?

3. I joined NOW while they have an offer for £21, how much will I be charged next month and how long does the £21 last?

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Farid 

Sorry to say I am not a customer for broadband with NOW, so I am not sure how many devices it can handle.

Try doing a factory reset to the router indicated in the link below.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

There is a number to call for broadband support. See link below for the number.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Farid 

Normally the £21 offer lasts 12 months, but you can confirm to make 100% sure when you call the broadband team.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@Farid wrote:

3. I joined NOW while they have an offer for £21, how much will I be charged next month and how long does the £21 last?

The £21 is a monthly price, and the contract is for 12 months.

@Farid wrote:

2. I just connected my NOW modem and at some moment the internet disappeared and the modem went off for 5 mins. Can someone tell me why that happened and whom do I call if this occurs in the future?

That was probably the router getting a firmware update, it shouldn't happen again. (at least, not for a while)

RoyB
Legend

@Farid 

1. I have heard that the Now router will support 24 devices, 12 on 2.4GHz and 12 on 5GHz. But I do not know if this is true.

I had a router in Spain that did only support 24 devices, and I kept finding devices knocked off the WiFi by device 25, so check how many devices you need. I’m up to 33 at the moment.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

@Farid wrote:

Hi,

I would like help to know the following:

1: Ive heard this can be anywhere between 10 and 24  but not that sure as i use my own router ( that currently has 32 devices on wifi)

2: the lights going off and the disconnection could be a firmware update on the router, its normal for the first use as the router gets the latest software and security updates

3: I joined Now, broadband also on an offer - the price should be the price you pay throughout - there are some bits in the Ts and Cs about price rises, but i have not had any over the 10 months or so i have been a customer, and the renewal "offer" they have sent me is more than just remaining on a month by month basis

Jayach
Elite 3

@chilli2 wrote:

I joined Now, broadband also on an offer - the price should be the price you pay throughout - there are some bits in the Ts and Cs about price rises, but i have not had any over the 10 months or so i have been a customer, and the renewal "offer" they have sent me is more than just remaining on a month by month basis

I never joined Now (as they dropped the inclusive anytime calls), but previous posters said that after the contract ran out, they were allowed to continue on the same price, without a contract.

Did they give you the same option, but wanted more, if you took another contract?