cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New setup- Internet not working

Hi

my date to go live was the 31st - I’ve set up my new hub (hub 2) this morning and can connect my phone but the internet isn’t working. The wireless light is green but there is no internet light. 

Does anyone have a number please as I can’t seem to get onto online chat 

thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Try pressing the reset button on the back of the router to see if that makes any difference.

To contact NowTV broadband, sign in on here and go to My Account > Orders & Appointments and if you click on one of the sections about your broadband live date a telephone helpline number should appear on screen.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here,

was supposed to go live on 4th Sept but still no broadband (phone is working) .

was told someone would get back to me with 72 hours but still nothing 

can anyone help ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

WE were supposed to go live on 29/8 and have finally been given a go live date of 12/9 (2 full weeks later) whether we’ll go live then or not remains to be seen! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was supposed to go live today. Same problem just the 2 green lights. my order page this morning said to wait for go live date but that has now changed to all set up and ready to go. Is that the same as everyone else. Do I assume I have a problem too? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have just the two green lights on,  following a house move and my devices are shown as "connected" but that my internet has"dropped". I rang Tech Support and was told by the team member that he was completely "stumped". I was later informed that my router must be broken which I doubt very much. The phone line itself works and I have reset everything, in a variety of different orders, numerous times. I suspect that my account was closed in error and not set up again. Any thoughts? Paul 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this exact same issue. 

Was told it would be live on the 1st. Spoke to somebody on the phone on the date to check everything was ok, and was told they couldn't offer a time scale but it would be up any time before midnight. Shock, midnight comes and nothing. Rang today and was told there is a delay on the broadband from openreach and that it has been put up to Tier 2. 

Seems to be a widescale problem with nowTV from the looks of things. No help being offered whatsoever and it's extremely difficult to actually get through to speak to somebody. The fact that we've all apparently received no contact from nowTV telling us about these delays goes to show the level of care they give new customers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone found a working solutions my data is about to run out and can't connect

AndrewGee
Advocate

@Anonymous User 

Exactly the same problem. Activation date 4th Jan 2024.

Connected my Hub on 5th Jan, and only the power and wireless lights on. Internet light is off. Internet light occasionally flashes orange for a few seconds, but mostly it's off.

Jayach
Elite 3

@AndrewGee 

Not sure why you reopened a nearly 5 year old thread, but have you connected the router to the master socket? (with the filter, if required) 

Did you previously have broadband on the same line and is the phone connection working?

AndrewGee
Advocate
Yes I have, with the filter. I moved into property yesterday. I already
called Now. They didn't really give a straight answer, something about the
line not being activated and to wait until Monday... But if the activation
date was yesterday I'm not sure why I need to wait longer. Also the payment
came out today.
Jayach
Elite 3

@AndrewGee 

Probably they are referring to Openreach not having made the connection, unfortunately all FTTC ISP's are totally reliant on Openreach for the physical connection.

If you check through the forum, new connections are often suffering delays.

Is FTTC the only option where you are located?

View broadband availability - Ofcom Checker