cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New setup- Internet not working

Hi

my date to go live was the 31st - I’ve set up my new hub (hub 2) this morning and can connect my phone but the internet isn’t working. The wireless light is green but there is no internet light. 

Does anyone have a number please as I can’t seem to get onto online chat 

thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Try pressing the reset button on the back of the router to see if that makes any difference.

To contact NowTV broadband, sign in on here and go to My Account > Orders & Appointments and if you click on one of the sections about your broadband live date a telephone helpline number should appear on screen.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If the linked help guide doesn't work then maybe try these steps.

1. Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from the remote.
  2. Remove the power cable from your Smart Stick, wait 5 seconds and then reconnect it.
  3. When you see the home screen on your TV, put the batteries back in the remote.
  4. Wait 30 seconds while the connection is re-established.

Should you still get no luck, what happens if you replace the batteries and factory reset the stick by holding the small reset button on the stick for about 6 to 10 secs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good luck. 

This seems to be a common problem with nowTV. I suspect they basically just don’t connect some customers as they’ve committed to too many. 

Theyll tell you tier 2 will be in touch in 72hrs (they won’t) when they might be able to tell you when you might be connected. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Good luck. 

This seems to be a common problem with nowTV. I suspect they basically just don’t connect some customers as they’ve committed to too many. 

Theyll tell you tier 2 will be in touch in 72hrs (they won’t) when they might be able to tell you when you might be connected. 

Hi @Anonymous User I've been trying to find your account by using the details within your account here on the forum but can not for the life of me find your broadband order. Have you heard anything back form the Tier 2 team yet?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All I’ve had by way of contact is a text saying there would be an update on 11/9. 

Ive been calling everyday. A week after we were supposed to go live, finally open reach have told someone that there is a fault. (I can’t beleive this has taken a week) 

Nothing  further than that. 

So I suppose I just wait now til Monday. And hope that you might have a go live date for me then? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same issue. Was told that I would go live on the 2nd September and absolutely nothing. Phoned them and they've escalated it to tier two as well. I actually haven't heard of anyone switching successfully. I'm not happy with the service at all. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've had the same issue. Was told that I would go live on the 2nd September and absolutely nothing. Phoned them and they've escalated it to tier two as well. I actually haven't heard of anyone switching successfully. I'm not happy with the service at all. 

I may have an update for you @Anonymous User I'll send you an email now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you I look forward to getting the e mail 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Tony-D

im having the same problem aswell , was to told i would go live on the 6th of september.

can you check why isnt it working please?

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Tony-D

im having the same problem aswell , was to told i would go live on the 6th of september.

can you check why isnt it working please?

Check your emails @Anonymous User I've sent you a couple of updates.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D could you check mine out too.  I was also expected to go live on 6th September but it's still not activated.    Tried all the normal things, resting, Plugging into master socket etc.  Only the power light and Wireless lights are illuminated.

Cheers