cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New router

Hi,

I have a new Huawei router. How can I set it up ?

Doesn't work at the moment.

Thanks for your help.

Attila B

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If this is for Now Broadband, then Now supply a router, and they want you to use that.

If you are wanting to use a Huawei router with Now Broadband, then there are experts on here who may be able to help, but they will need to know rather more detail than you give here, and trying to do this is not for the faint-hearted, and nor for the tyro in these matters

😢

If it isn’t for Now Broadband, then this is not a Now-related question, I’m afraid.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your answer. Yes i have nowtv contract and yes I would like to use a different router because the wifi signal is quite weak.
Also I was thinking to buy a stronger router from nowtv. Can I do that?
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you split the Wi-Fi signals?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Connect your Hub Two to your laptop or computer using an Ethernet cable.
  2. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  3. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  4. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  5. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  6. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  7. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  8. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  9. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
The case is not that . But thanks for your help.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The Now router, the only model they supply, has notoriously weak WiFi.  

If the advice from @gavs82008 does not produce enough improvement, wire the Huawei to the Now router, put it into Bridge mode, assuming it supports that, turn off the WiFi on the Now router, and let the Huawei handle your WiFi connections instead,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey how can set up bridge mode ? Through the IP address setting ?
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You look it up in the instructions that came with the router.

if you want me to look up your manual on the web and read it to you, I’m going to need at least the model number of it.