cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New modem and router... but which authentication method for NowTV Fab Fibre UK in 2021?

Hi,

Like a lot of people I need to use my own modem and router instead of NowTV box.

I've done a lot of reading, but unfortunately a lot of helpful comments and shares are not specific enough regarding: The location (UK or Ireland, different systems in place), the type of line (e.g. Brilliant Broadband, Fab Fibre or Super Fibre, which use different connection protocols) and nowhere can I find when PPPoE was replaced with Option 61/Mer - if indeed it is for any of the packages they have. Or is it just by MAC address clone? Any clarification from someone who has kept up to date with all of this would be.... just amazing!

I want to use a Draytek Vigor 130 modem in full bridge mode, with a router which can do Option 61 - as from what I understand this is the correct method? If so, I have the credentials off my router using Wireshark, but from what I've read this is no longer necessary? 

4 REPLIES 4
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User not sure if it's what you're looking for but there is a help page from Draytek which provides step by step instructions on the install process.

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/sky-fibre-setup-guide

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that! That was useful.

If anyone knows of a knowledge base where all of these issues are discussed in one place, that would be appreciated. I'm ok to just plug along and follow the instructions, but I'd really like to have an overview of what I'm doing too.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User try registering with the Draytek community.

https://forum.draytek.co.uk/ucp.php?mode=register

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you get this setup working? I muddled through and finally got connected but it's flaky and I'm in the same position of trying to pull together information from different sources.