cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supra
Advocate

New fibre customer connection query

Hello,

Our go live date was 28th Apr for new NowTV broadband contract. On my NowTV account it says not yet connected. I've plugged in the router and seems to be working okay but speeds are much slower than I had with my last service provider and my NowTV package just signed up to is supposed to be a quicker speed than my prior package.

Feels like setup is not yet complete or that my speed is capped to lower. I can't do any testing as can't access the options on my Account as it says not yet connected even though it is working.

Any help would be much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Supra 

Sounds like your NOW activation has gone live (unless your previous ISP was Sky).

Your NOW account details may take a little longer to recognise that your activation has gone live.

Starting off i would try this to see if there is any improvement with your NOW Hub 2 Router (if it doesn't improve in a few days then phone the NOW Broadband Team if your minimum guaranteed speeds promised are not met)

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Supra 

Use the telephone number in this link page below should you need to contact them.

Don't worry if it says complaints on the link, where the number will get you through to the NOW Broadband Team.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Supra
Advocate

Thanks very much for the help.

I am currently using the NowTV hub but I use an independent router so don't actually use the WiFi function of my ISP equipment as needed something more powerful to reach all over the home.

I've checked the speed at the hub through the router settings and does seem to be capped at the same speed as my last package (I know I can get faster as a few years back I had a fibre boost and line was running much faster Mbps). 

I just see your last post re the telephone number, thanks I will give them a call to see how it's going as only a few days into the service so maybe due to be sorted out soon.

Cheers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any luck getting faster speeds? I joined 4 days ago and have already had two openreach engineers out trying to get the phone working (no success) and better speeds. I am only getting 22mbps yet am paying for 63mbps and a promised minimum speed of 45mbps

Seems a bit hasty to cancel my contract after 4 days but I dont seem to have any other choice as 22mbps isnt nearly enough

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Deke

I'm not an engineer or anything to do with NOW, I'm just a customer like yourself.

But really, if you can't get what you're paying for then what other choice do you have?   Honestly, is there any reason why you're getting only 22mbps instead of 45 - 63mbps?

Set yourself a break-point and let them know that if you can't get what you're paying for by then, it becomes time to say "adios".

If that doesn't work then you know what you must do.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

have had 2 engineer visits now and engineer said 22mbps is about as good as it gets in my area and he fobbed me off with some rubish when I said I had sky getting 60mbps previously

No way can I cope with this so am going to have to cancel my contract after only 5 days! 22mbps Download and 1mbps Upload! Phone isnt working at all